Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What do you think? Pulled over Today.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 11:51 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What do you think? Pulled over Today.

This is my third ticket I've ever recieved. My first ticket was for an "Improper turn." A lady cop, very cute and off duty... said I cut her off. Well, to make matters worse I was only 18 and had some friends in the car.. and they didn't know she was a cop and she was asking some weird questions and they basically bad mouthed her or something... I can't really recall. Anyway this was in another county about 30-40 miles away and I wasn't going to fight it. (She had called some backup and they came and issued me a ticket.) Though all in all, very fightable. A second ticket was about a year later and I was going 64 in a 50. (A lonely stretch of road with farm land on either side... so not all that bad.) I didn't feel the need to fight that either, so just sent in my money and was done with it. This, however... I will fight. I'm not sure how much points it is.. 2-4? Who knows. It's not worth it though, but this will obviously be the first one I've ever fought.

ANother thing to consider, wouldn't a cop check the "Court Apperance required" box, if it was really that bad? Well, it isn't required... So I'm not sure if that means that they were just being dicks and want to waste my time and money by fighting it, or if they are going to be there with evidence to sweeten the deal with the judge, so I can bend over and take it...

I haven't the slightest idea, but I guess we'll all find out together. I'll keep everyone posted, it's not until the 24th or something?
Old 05-07-2006, 12:00 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

Hey Menace, sorry to hear about what happened to you today. Going past a couple of state troopers on the side of the road is when you have to be more careful, 'cause they're ready to start chasing you, even if you think they might be busy with someone else. That's how I got caught about two years, I was only doing 81 in a 55 zone and the trooper was on the side after he had pulled someone over, problem was he had already given that guy a ticket and was ready to start "fishing" again. I got 4 tickets that day, two of them for having clear covers over my license plates (I have custom plates, so I was trying to protect them), one for having a little flag hanging from the rear view mirror (he said that was obstructing my view or some s*&$ like that), the other was for speeding. The only good news was that he didn't write what speed I was doing, so I went to court, got the speeding ticket dropped but paid over $200 for the other tickets.

Last year I got caught doing 55 in a 30MPH zone in a little rental Nissan Sentra (my other car was getting repainted so I could sell it). Another a$$hole, he walked up to my window, asked for registration and proof of insurance, and my license, I handed over the license and told him it was a rental so I gave him the contract from Enterprise. He still gave me the ticket for speeding, another for no registration and a third for no insurance!!!!!! He knew there was a registration sticker on the windshield and if he knew how to read he would have seen that insurance was provided by Enterprise in the contract. I didn't have time to go to court again and miss a day of work so I called a lawyer, had both of the bs tickets dropped and the speeding ticket down to an illegal turn.

If you could find a lawyer that works with traffic infractions in your area, I would go with them. If they deal with traffic tickets regularly they might already know the people at the court and can work out deals with them to get your tickets reduced to something minor. The wreckless driving is a bs ticket in your case, they just pulled you over because they "thought" you were speeding because they heard you rev the engine when you shifted and accelerated. Good luck, you shouldn't have to pay the bs ticket, don't know bout the license plate though.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:04 AM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

I was coming home from my company Chistmas party. Me and my wife both dressed to the 9's. One mile from home I caught a red-light. After leaving the light the blue lights came up fast behind me. Pulled over and was asked to get out of the car for a sobriety test, claimed I left the red light to quickly. I never sqeeled and never exceeded the speed limit which was 45mph. While one cop was making me stand on one foot, the other went to my wifes side of the car and was shining his flashlight in her lap and at her chest. I got VERY upset, to say the least. I informed the officer that was giving me the "sobriety" test (just stand here while I watch you at this point) that we were threatened and I was getting back in the car, locking the doors, and calling the HP. They left. I filed a complaint with the local the next day. Guess where that went. Cops suck, it's A$$HOLES like these that make it very difficult to teach my kids to show these ****** respect.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I mean, I should have stopped right in the middle of the road... just roasted the tires until the whole ****ing road was covered in smoke... and then sped off to 150mph.... Now that would have been careless driving, among other things... lol. They are just stupid ********, and I have a feeling I'm going to get ****ed and stuck with this **** anyway, but I'm still going to fight it.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:22 AM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

Don't let those cops watch the video of your run Menace. They may use that as evidence of your "wreckless driving!" [sm=joke.gif]
Old 05-07-2006, 12:51 AM
firestang70
2nd Gear Member

Menace you gotta be careful. Your exhaust setup is LOUD. To a non car person it may have sounded like the start of the Daytona 500! LOL Seriously when you get pulled over always be polite. Even if they are ******. If they do have it on video it will help your case. Most judges don't like when people are sarcastic to cops even bone head ones like your crew. Dress nice, clean shaven, remain calm. Take video but, I would take the SLPs off and run the stock mufflers for the vid. Good luck.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:13 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

Don't waste your time. Pay the stupid tickets and get on with life. Your gonna pay the no plate for sure, the other is at the Judges whim and he will side with the three cops. There is no such thing as justice in traffic court.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:19 AM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

I have done this before... the cop said I had Improper Equipment... You could have someone "put your stock mufflers on" and show the Judge your receipt and explain that was the reason for the "excessive sound"
Old 05-07-2006, 02:21 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Well, I've learned the hard way that cops often seem to have some sort of "complex" when it comes to sporty looking cars.

Back in 98 I was driving along in my white 98 stang on a less traveled stretch of road with a stupid speed posting of 35mph. Well, no one EVER drives that slow on that lonely stretch of road, so I was going about 50. Well two pickup trucks decide that that wasn't fast enough and come flying by me doing about 65. So...I'm runnin a little late for my New Years Eve date and figure, what the hell. I speed up to about 65 myself. Just a few seconds later I see a black and white driving at me coming from the opposite direction (technicly we were still in city limits). He drives right past the two speeding trucks and then me, I see him spin a 180 behind me and throw on the flashing blues. Now he hauls *** to get up behind me and I pulled over. He then proceeded to fine me for 32 over the limit and takes my license from me (issuing me a temp license). The guy was a total *****, and definitely ex-military.

Now, I know the ticket wasn't BS......but what bothered me so much was that he totally ignored the two speeding trucks (which passed him nearly a quarter mile before he even got to me) and decided to unleash his venom on me. I can take my ticket like a man, but while we're at it....let's enforce the laws for EVERYBODY, not just young men in sporty cars.

My point is that he could've cared less about Billy Bob and Joe Earl kicking on the hyperdrive down the lonely backstretches.........but Young Mr. Hots**t in his V6 mustang was just asking for it. [:'(] Sorry, but I have NO respect for cops who like to see how much they can swing their ***** around. Typical alpha male ******* mentality.

P.S. Just to stick it to the SOB that did that to me, my dad was close friends with the DA who had the ticket thrown out. I just had to pay my court fee for what would have been a mandatory appearance. That's it, I skated and the cop that wrote me up KNEW it.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:02 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

OK, I think everyone is missing the important part here. Just exactly what mods have you done that makes your car go from 10 to 50 in two seconds??

Quick Reply: What do you think? Pulled over Today.