MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   SCT Xcalibrator 2 question (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/124863-sct-xcalibrator-2-question.html)

phastal 05-06-2006 09:49 PM

SCT Xcalibrator 2 question

I just got the SCT flash in the mail from mustangtuning.com. Not much of an instruction manual, LOL. Anyway, being a newbie to stuff like this, i was wondering where exactly is the port on an 06 GT where you plug the SCT into? and it says to disconnect the fuel pump and electric fan fuses. is this a must? and which fuses are they? i looked at our car manual under fuses and there are no fuses for those items except in the engine compartment and i doubt they are referring to those. are they? appreciate some feedback and answers to these question. very anxious on getting this to work. thanks.

XLeatherNeck 05-06-2006 09:59 PM

RE: SCT Xcalibrator 2 question

ORIGINAL: phastal

I just got the SCT flash in the mail from mustangtuning.com. Not much of an instruction manual, LOL. Anyway, being a newbie to stuff like this, i was wondering where exactly is the port on an 06 GT where you plug the SCT into? and it says to disconnect the fuel pump and electric fan fuses. is this a must? and which fuses are they? i looked at our car manual under fuses and there are no fuses for those items except in the engine compartment and i doubt they are referring to those. are they? appreciate some feedback and answers to these question. very anxious on getting this to work. thanks.
You want to pull the fuses that are in the engine compartment. You will prob have to remove a few of the huge ones in order to pull the smaller fuses out. Just be patient and carefull.

blackout 05-06-2006 10:11 PM

You don't have to remove the fuses... The port is right under the driver's dash board (under the steering wheel). Make sure your A/C, radio, etc. are all off when doing it all.

blackout 05-06-2006 10:13 PM

I removed the fuses the first time, and found out you don't have to from my tuner. Yes, I have an SCT tuner.

I reset my tune about three times a month.

phastal 05-06-2006 10:13 PM

thanks for the replies. but why would they instruct us to remove the fuses? what would that do? it wont affect it negatively if you dont remove the fuses?

gkosin 05-06-2006 10:22 PM

The instructions I got was to remove the Fuel pump fuse and the Radiator fan fuses. I think this is just a precautionary thing and isn't absolutely necessary. These 2 items would draw high current if they would come on for some reason which could do a momentary drop in voltage to the programmer and that is the last thing you want to happen is any sudden change in voltage while the PCM is being programmed. I pull those two fuses and I have had no problems. By the way the manual does have the listing of the fuses and the locations you just have to read carefully whats what.
Greg

W1ldcat 05-06-2006 10:24 PM

Thanks, I asked about the fuses also and didn't think they needed pulled as long as the fan was off etc. and it was more or less a battery issue.
Nothsa, why do you reload it? Because of the learned behavior thing?
Thanks Dude,
WC

waltc10 05-07-2006 03:06 PM

Have any of yall updated the firmware on the SCT Xcalibrator 2? What does that do?

blackout 05-07-2006 03:21 PM

ORIGINAL: W1ldcat

Nothsa, why do you reload it? Because of the learned behavior thing?
Thanks Dude,
WC
I reloaded because of the tune fade issue, although I don't feel it makes a big difference but i'm sure could prove differently at the track.