Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roush S/C Dyno Result

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 12:34 PM
gregt909
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Roush S/C Dyno Result

ORIGINAL: canes44

Hey Lucy2005, we are getting a Roushcharger installed in about 2 weeks and will the warranty be voided if we get the tune done by someone else than roush?
Absolutely! Roush is very specific about the tune. You actually send your PCM to Roush for them to install the tune.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:51 PM
AntiHeightPunk
1st Gear Member

How do the 4.10's feel with the supercharger?

ORIGINAL: Lucy2005

I finally had Lucy on a Dynojet! with only 4 pounds of Boost, im putting down 378 RWHP. And I still have my warranty, and I can still pulley down for much more boost if I want to give up the warranty. Im very pleased with the Roush Results. Kudos to Jack and the boys.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:53 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

There is NO WAY you did not void the warranty.. As soon as you put the SC in you voided it. My brother works at a dealer and my uncle is a GM of one.... I asked about putting one in mine and they said DO NOT untill the warranty goes out..
Old 05-10-2006, 12:03 AM
canes44
1st Gear Member

I was wonderin that as well, I asked the dealer, a non Roush one, and he said the charger had to be put on by roush in order to keep the warranty, I did not belive but im starting to wonder.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:51 AM
CrazyHorse0217
2nd Gear Member

Any certified mechanic (including a dealership mechanic) can install the Roush s/c. It will void the Ford powertrain warranty but Roush picks up the powertrain warranty for 3/36 or whatever is left of the original Ford warranty. Ford still covers the remaining bumper to bumper parts and service, but not the powertrain.

The bad news is that you cannot add any other engine mods or you will then void the Roush warranty.

Give Roush a call. They have a warranty dept that will fax you their warranty.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:59 AM
CrazyHorse0217
2nd Gear Member

One more thing in case you are wondering. If your car needs repair after the Roush s/c install, the dealership will do the work and just bill Roush. Roush puts caps on the amounts they will pay. I don't remember what they are, and my warranty is at work. Seems like about 3K on the engine and about 2K on the tranny. Again, they will fax you one for review.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Lucy2005
2nd Gear Member

Exactly. Roush takes over the dealer warranty on the drive train, but the dealer that installed the S/C will do the repairs and bill roush. In earlier posts I mentioned that when mine was installed, they had some minor problems with plug fouling, due to the dealer not putting the factory air box back in, and Roush actually flew one of the three guys who designed the thing to my town to fix it. he was here for three days. You cant beat that. As for the tune, there really is no way to change the tune (yet) due to the fact that a tuner will no longer recognize the car as being a 2005-2006 mustang GT. That portion of the code is changed, and the new code is unique to each car. It can be done, but it basically means that a "master" tuner has to be used. Or, you could just get another computer, but then you would lose all the technology Roush has invested in the software for the tune they use.

As for the 4.10's, I love them, except that I cant fix my speedometer. The way to fix it on an 05-06 is to use a programmable tuner, but as I just said, you cant make one "marry" up to the Roush computer. 4th gear runs to 119mph withthe factory rev limit still set.

Im listening, if anyone knows of a way to correct the speedo, or If anyone knows anyone who has a way to tune a roush, once my warranty does run.

I do have info that you can change the exhaust, without having to re-tune, (Roush runs open pipes on the race cars, with the same setup), and they have smaller pulleys available(which void the warranty, of course), and no re-tune is needed there, either. Must have somethng to do with the proprietary software in the tune they put on it.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:21 AM
toolttime
2nd Gear Member

I am totally satisfied with my roushchager so far not a problem whatsoever. I like the power and the factory look of the kit. I also did the install myself. I wouldn't let anybody play with the tune with the way it is now. Only a selected few get a roush tune
http://www.fnsweet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25020

[IMG]local://upfiles/23905/453CB85B06A94D14AC0FC02574EB1109.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Lucy2005
2nd Gear Member

Thats a good, and I beleive correct, point tooltime. I would like to fix the speedo, though! And I weould like at some point to add larger fuel rails and injectors. There is a safety factor involved in that, not just a power thing. And, to change the fuel rail and injectors, some minor tuning modifications would be necessary.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:17 AM
eolsonite
1st Gear Member

I have an 06' Mustang GT with a Saleen series VI, I still have stock exhaust, and I Dynoed here in California 91% octane land at 375 rwhp, which I was told to expect with their 5 psi tune. We have to subtract 12-15 or more out here between flywheel and rearwheel I'm told. So my stock exhaust car is at about 425 flywheel hp, so in California that makes sense. My question is that my Dyno showed me how frighteningly lean the tune was set at, upper 13's or 14.

Do any of you with the Roush set up also get such lean fuel mixtures from the Roush factory tune? I am very curious. Thanks, Erik

[IMG]local://upfiles/31925/EEE71DF46F184738AE651E30C1C9BA81.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Roush S/C Dyno Result