Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

nitrous oxide

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 11:09 PM
wadman
2nd Gear Member

Default nitrous oxide

Do any of you guys have a nitrous kit? I have run them in the past and would like one on my 05 gt. I have a superchips micro tuner on it now with the 91 tune, will i have to take that back to stock to run the nitrous. Does anybody make a nitrous tune that you can get more power for everyday driving and also run the nitrous?
Old 05-08-2006, 12:58 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: nitrous oxide

I looked into it and gave it serious consideration. I decided against it after talking to my tuner and posting a similiar thread. You would pretty much have to have two tunes and load the nitrous tune everytime you want to spray, or drive around on that tune with very limited gain over stock.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:09 AM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

Musiccity is right. However, I did not decide against it. Mines actually going in on tuesday. I'm getting 3 tunes on my diablo for it. One tune is going to be with just N/A, CAN NOT SPRAY. The second tune is going to be a mix. I won't get as much power as the first one, but I can spray on the road. I'll still have fun with it though (especially when spraying). The third is for Track use only. Only use nitrous.

Anyways, all I can say is do your research. Nitrous is expensive, and expect it to set you back AT LEAST $1,800. If you have any specific questions, ask. I've done my research.

~Fred
Old 05-08-2006, 02:57 AM
05zexstang
1st Gear Member

Your nuts 1800$. Ebay is selling kits for 535 free shipping.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:19 PM
DROCKOFTX
2nd Gear Member

I agrre. You're nuts to pay that even if someone else installs it. I got my zex kit for like $650 right when they came oput and installed it by myself in a few hours and it was my first nitrous install. It's cheap runs great and I have had no issues in a good seven or eight months with stock fuel pump and plugs with a 100 shot. The only thing that makes it expensive is over time the bottles add up. LOL
Old 05-08-2006, 03:31 PM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

I'm factoring EVERYTHING in. Complete kit (including warmers, guages, electronic controls and wiring, purges, safety switchs, plugs, etc...) with a install ($300) and 3 custom tunes ($400). Mine cost me about $1500 after everything is all said and done.

~Fred
Old 05-08-2006, 03:35 PM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

10lb bottle with high flow valve
Bottle brackets and hardware
16 foot braided stainless feed line
High Flow Nitrous and Fuel solenoids
2 foot Braided stainless Nitrous and Fuel feed lines
Jets for 75, 100 and 150HP
High flow Wet Nozzle "Chrome"
Wet Nozzle Mounting adaptor so the Nozzle does not blow out during injection causing a fire
Lighted arming switch, relay, wire and wire harness, fuse, crimp terminals etc..
Dual Outlet Purge (I opted to go with the "Master Blaster")
FPSS
Electronic RPM Activation switch with built in TPS
Automatic bottle heater and pressure guage
Autolite HT0's (16 of them)

Got it all brand new for $780. Trust me, I'm not crazy. Its the same as a Zex kit with the racer addons AND more, totaling over $1,000 for it all.

~Fred
Old 05-08-2006, 03:35 PM
DROCKOFTX
2nd Gear Member

Makes sense since you put it that way. I didn't buy a heater or purge originally and didn't take long until I had to do something about that. I will still say if you are mechanically inclined at all just do it yourself it is a very easy install. The only thing I hated was tapping threads in my brand new CAI but nothing hard it just made me nervous I would botch it up as soft as the aluminum is. Either way it is a hell of a lot cheaper then superchargers or turbos and the gains are awsome.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:37 PM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

I want to do it myself. I am pretty mechanically inclined, but I don't wanna deal with the wiring in the back for the bottle heater and the wiring to my control switches inside. I don't have enough patience to mess with those little wires. Was it hard?

~Fred
Old 05-08-2006, 03:40 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Fred - I thought you got free installation? That's what you are saying in your Supercharger or Turbocharger thread. You really should save this $1800 and put it towards your shortblock and forced induction you are so set on.

Quick Reply: nitrous oxide