Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Serious Engine Problem pls help

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 04:25 AM
Yooler05GT

Default RE: Serious Engine Problem pls help

I have had this exact same problem! Very simple, 02 SENSOR! not on the exhaust i believe its on the intake, and it just went out. then the engine goes into Failsafe mode. cannot go over 4-4.5k rpms. I dont know if your car is under warranty... i just retuned my car and took off my intake and sent it to the dealer and they replaced it for me.

check the O2 sensor, the spark plugs are usually sound in most vehicles and a new car like an 06 is very unlikely to have a spark plug problem.

get it checked out at the shop or at the dealership. best of luck!
Old 05-12-2006, 03:31 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

I don't even have 02 sensors and what he's describing has nothing to do with what your problem was. His car is not going into failsafe or dying out. It's 'bogging' out in rpm. I really think it's what I described. Perhaps he'll come back and let us know?
Old 05-12-2006, 08:17 PM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

well, i doubt it would randomly start outta the blue at a stoplight like that, but i tried it anyways and it went the same for about 3 minutes. I scheduled a trip to the dealer and have contacted brenspeed on just buying a tune from them, i dont feel safe with evolutions tune anymore for some reason. That and i called about 5 hours ago and was suppose to get a call back but didnt. Ill let u guys know what the dealer says is wrong with it
Old 05-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I'd definately get the issue checked out. I don't think anyone who has used the Evolution tune has experienced the thing you are experiencing.. So either it was the tune or just your car. Keep us posted.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:43 AM
joelgertner

Hey,
I had the same thing happen to me and it turned out to be the gas cap. Believe it or not. It was a trip! 6 months no problem at all then driving into work come to a like and it started sputtering 5oo to 800 rpms went straight to the dealer. They put a new cap on and I havent had the problem since.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:16 PM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

Just to update u guys, its been sitting at the dealership for about 4 hrs now, and they said it has low compression in one of the cylinders and they need to leave it for someone with half a brain to take a look at it. (there engine tech) and it may not even be further diagnosed till tomarrow. Do you guys think i have 2 worry about the intake and tune screwin my warrantee if they dig that deep into the car even though i changed it back to stock? I personally think this is BS it has 1100 miles on it and its actin like its got 110,000 on it.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:48 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

hope its not actually low compression, as that pretty much means the damage is done- and if they suspect lean run did it, might be a battle...

Hopefully its just a fouled sparkplug, Ive read where a couple guys said they fouled a plug from running a bit too rich, hopefully dealer just got his wording mixed up and its just no power on one cylinder...

did they actually pull the plugs and screw compression gage in?
Old 05-15-2006, 11:30 PM
persistantthug
2nd Gear Member

I would like to hear what happens too.

Also, as I'm told as long as you disconnected the battery for an hour or more, they won't be able to tell what happened. They will only know the memory is cleared, and if they ask tell them you tried to discon. the battery to resolve the problem.....Which isn't even a lie
Old 05-16-2006, 12:25 AM
windveil

If it just started randomly, and you just added a CAI, I'd look for a vacuum leak. This happened on my 2001 Ranger AND our daughter's 2000 Taurus. We found the leak AFTER we dumped a buttload of emission parts into the vehicles of course.

Good luck
Old 05-16-2006, 12:28 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Wow there is some seriously funny stuff in this thread. First of all you do have O2 Sensors and they are in fact in the exhaust NOT the intake. Not sure who told you this but they really need to be stomped on and flatten the rest of there head because they obviously know nothing about these cars and have nothing but air in there head. Secondly if i am understanding you correctly you washed under the hood. If this is in fact correct true then you most likely got some water down in the COP hole and the COP is arcing out. Pull the COP out and dry the holes out then reinstall and see what happens.

CHEVYKILLER I am curious since you say you have no O2 Sensors how does your car determine the proper fuel? It has to have a way to measure that so how does your car achieve this?

Richard

Quick Reply: Serious Engine Problem pls help