Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ohio Performance shops...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 11:55 PM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Ohio Performance shops...

Well as the title the states, I am lookin for performance shops in Ohio prefferably in centrall ohio(so i dont have to drive too far). I plan on gettin 4.10 installed by the end of summer and was lookin for some reputable shops, or for that matter a Ford dealer that installs mods on stangs without hassellin them...

Thanks for any info.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:33 AM
rjgstang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Ohio Performance shops...

pauls automotive engineering in cincinnati does everything mustang, theyre featured almost every month in 5.0 and superfords magazine. if youre not too far away that is!!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:13 AM
firestang70
2nd Gear Member

MDmotorsports in Cincy is a great shop as well. Owners have also had a lot of mag coverage. Good luck!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:53 AM
RazorX

I'm from central OH too but I haven't had much luck finding a good shop in the C-bus area. I had my 4.30's installed by a shop that Jegs highly recommended but I wouldn't recomend them. They had the car for a total of four days (on two occasions) and have installed two different sets of gears (Richmond first and now FRPP) but haven't been able to completely get rid of gear noise. I'm still working with them and am trying to decide what to do next.

I did find a shop in the Dayton area (Beavercreek) that I highly recommend though. The shop is Precission Autosports and Jeff Wightman is the owner. It is about an hour and a half away from the NE side of Columbus.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:49 PM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RazorX

I'm from central OH too but I haven't had much luck finding a good shop in the C-bus area. I had my 4.30's installed by a shop that Jegs highly recommended but I wouldn't recomend them. They had the car for a total of four days (on two occasions) and have installed two different sets of gears (Richmond first and now FRPP) but haven't been able to completely get rid of gear noise. I'm still working with them and am trying to decide what to do next.

I did find a shop in the Dayton area (Beavercreek) that I highly recommend though. The shop is Precission Autosports and Jeff Wightman is the owner. It is about an hour and a half away from the NE side of Columbus.

Well the only reason i was looking for somewhere in Central ohio is, thats where i work. I actually live a little north and west of columbus (about 1 hour) so i am really up for anywhere in ohio. I am mainly looking for shops that no what they are doing. A good friend of mine works at the Local Chevy dealer in town(Bellefontaine,Ohio) and he has a guy there that will do it for like $150 for labor if i get the parts. The only the reason I am hessitant(pardon my spelling) is that the guy seems to do mainly GM rearends. I rode in my friends car (96 LT1 formula) that the same guy installed 3.73s in, and u couldnt hear any gear wine at all so...I dont know gonna keep my options open though.

Nobody in Ohio has a Ford dealer they use? I was kinda leanin towards one of them(Ford Dealer) but I will check on a few other places. Thanks for the info so far.

RazorX I will look into Precission Autosports. Do you have thier Number or maybe a weblink? Thanks
Old 05-15-2006, 11:08 PM
RazorX

ORIGINAL: SweetGT
RazorX I will look into Precission Autosports. Do you have thier Number or maybe a weblink? Thanks
Sure.

Here's the link to Precision Autosports

...and the PN is (937) 320-5950. Ask for Jeff. He is the owner and lead engineer. You can tell him I sent you if you want.

-Rich
Old 05-15-2006, 11:17 PM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SweetGT
Sure.

Here's the link to Precision Autosports

...and the PN is (937) 320-5950. Ask for Jeff. He is the owner and lead engineer. You can tell him I sent you if you want.

-Rich
Thanks I will give him a call when I get my parts bought(install kit,bearin, gears), this might take a few paychecks haha.

I will tell him you sent me
Old 05-15-2006, 11:27 PM
RazorX

np
Old 05-16-2006, 12:20 AM
61unibody

Give CRT Performance in Norwalk OH a call.... they are super nice and they both race stangs... They will be doing my 06 this Sat and after that we will be looking to improve upon my 609HP 427 65 Galaxie.... always lookin for more... They have a website, if you need the ph number let me know and I can get it for you.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:31 AM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

np
Well I got an appointment to have 4.10s and an Xcal2 put in and dyno tuned by Jeff next friday(16th). I cant wait to get my car back. Hes going to install the 4.10s and I am gonna bring down a JLT 2 CAI intake and he is gonna dyno tune the car with the xcal 2(that i bought from him) for the CAI and for 93 octane.

Jeffs a good guy to talk too, he was great to deal with so far.

Quick Reply: Ohio Performance shops...