Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What Are the Best Ways to Add HP & Torque to '06 GT?

Old 05-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What Are the Best Ways to Add HP & Torque to '06 GT?

what about ROUSH?!?! do they or do they NOT pick up your drivetrain warranty, the parts ford no longer covers, and ford STILL covers everything else?! someone, anyone with a roush, explain the process. better yet, CALL ROUSH. and then ask, hey, hows the warranty work? send me a copy will ya? and they will. hm. not hard. and NO they wont void you in the system for having EXHAUST. there are still laws in this country man. maybe not on immagration, or same sex marriages, or the use of alcohol and firearms at a bonfire on public property (personal experience), but for cars, there are. sorry to rant and rave, but if you dont know, dont make an uneducated comment to someone trying to enjoy their vehicle. and what would be the point of FORD FREAKING MOTOR COMPANY making performance parts, or performance engines, or transmissions, if you cant buy it and throw it into a car a year after you buy it!? i cant afford a C4 and a blower with a 9" ***, but hey, in time. and i will, because they come with a WARRANTY! its a ford part.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Fact is the guy IS worried about it or he would not have mentioned it.
My advice is what I said at first.
If you want this car as a daily car and are worried about warranty.. do not do it..
If your gonna use it as a hot rod or a second car.. then go for it.

If you decide screw it and wanna put it on your daily and are still worried about warranty.. then go to your dealer and talk to him or talk to others that have done business with the dealer so you can know how they act to such issues.
Do NOT do what ANDY said and just GO OUT AND DO IT.
that is simpy stupid and irresponsible.. it always is to make a descion when you know little or nothing about the subject. Do your research, then make a choice based on your finds and weigh the good with the bad.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

if you mess with exhaust you void YOUR EMMISIONS . READ UP.
and btw if a certain part of your car is not working properly.. ford CAN tell you this part of your car is not working DUE to what you did to this part...
EVEN IF it did not cause the problem and you say "they have to prove it"
Do you think it would be worth it to him to fight them over a long period of time for this????
Not EVERYBODY has the luxury or money to do this...

ROUSH will cover the warranty on THIER PARTS, the drivetrain...
but if ford concludes that a part malfuncioned due to what you modded on your car THE WARRANTY ON THEIR PARTS IS VOIDED. END OF STORY.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:31 PM
IEATSRT
1st Gear Member

iluvmycar.. looks like were gangin up on you but that really isn't the case. were not telling slate to do anything... he has to make his own decisions. you have some good points but you seem to be a little off base from the majority of users here who like doing some mild mods. all vehicles will break down, theire built like all things through a process of planned obselesence, to break down so they need to be fixed. it can get complicated with warranty issues, we all know this. just keep in mind he obviously wants some more power... hence the thread. were here to give him some ideas and let him know that there does exist the potential for there to be warranty concerns... but it is just a risk with every decision we make. he has to make the dicision and i'm sure by now he is aware of consequences
Old 05-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

did i say go out and do it? cant quote myself as saying it, cause time out, i didnt. i DID however say CALL ROUSH, have them SEND A COPY OF WARRANTY, which seems rather responsible. no, its more than responsible. cause its not even MY CAR im talking about, and im telling someone else to do that to find out if it voids his warranty. which makes me UBER RESPONSIBLE cause im being thoughtful of SOMEONE elses car. please, im not trying to be mean. but everyone keeps shooting down guys who want a few gadgets on their daily drivers. the man is asking what does and doesnt work to obtain his god-given right to better enjoy his car. he worked hard for it, and if ya can spend 500 bucks and love it more, why not? it doesnt hurt anyone. not even the warranty. why not give someone an educated, researched FACT, rather than "i think" or "IMO", cause what do those prove? nothing! they prove YOU didnt do the research, or didnt like what you heard and dropped it right there. but for people who take the time, or WANT to take the time, dont start a witch hunt making people feel bad.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:36 PM
IEATSRT
1st Gear Member

well said!!
Old 05-16-2006, 09:37 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

As I said before I DO KNOW.
and I dont wanna rant but ...

DONT TRY TO RUSH SOMEONE INTO MAKING A CHOICE ABOUT SOMETHING THAT THEY HAVE INVESTED THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN WITHOUT DOING EEEEEXTEENSIVE CHECKING INTO .

this JUST DO IT opinion of yours could in fact hurt this guy alot...
maybe you should think about that and encourage him to do his OWN research and ask the dealership how they would react to certain mods.

THAT way he could avoid trouble in the future and know what he might get into... "why should he not keep mods to himself?" because there is a chance he could make a mistake in doing a mod or someone else doing it for him, since he is not car savy. OR he could forget to do a tune back to factory sets.. OR something else could go wrong with the car that isnt even a mod... and ford say that the mod did cause it though WHICH THEY CAN AND HAVE DONE.

Bottom line is im not making an uneducated comment trying to not let him enjoy his car.. Im telling him to do research and decide wiegh the risks verses rewards. That being said maybe you should think about what you say before you tell someone to just go do something when what you say could hurt them. I made VERY educated statements. AS I said my brother works for a dealership and my uncle OWNS ONE.

MY only advice to the guy was to do his own research and to be carefull because of what could happen.. and everything I said that could happen COULD. Your advice is the uneducated one ANDY.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:39 PM
IEATSRT
1st Gear Member

hey slate i have a steeda CAI and EX.I i'm not using anymore and it didn't even void my warranty!! computer code CDC3. not looking for much just trying to get rid of it after an upgrade. PM me if interested
Old 05-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

to answer your question "did I tell him to go out and do it?"

Heres your answer from your own words..

"anywho. CHIP IT! gotta buy a tuner no matter what you do"

Old 05-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

alright. im done. apparantly you didnt read the reply saying call yourself and find out yourself. you can replace roush with whatever company for whatever piece. and while i dont doubt that your family works at a dealership, i do doubt that every dealership responds the same. so offering the input of their specific work place, does nothing for a guy who doesnt live there. i also just noticed you reiterated a majority of my last post in what hopefully will be your last post. im still having dificulties finding where some of your sentences in quotes come from, or my brash, head-strong buy mod do mod mentality. but im sure without my scrunched up facial expressions, or this shotgun waving through the air, you wouldnt know my actual feelings. hope that mental image helped. ive also got a copy of the roush warranty here, somewhere, along with the ford extended coverage. if i can locate the roush, ill be sure to scan it up and provide a link for anyone who wants to take their time, make educated decisions, and research before they buy. (everything ive been saying.....)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What Are the Best Ways to Add HP & Torque to '06 GT?