Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How hard are Shelby's REALLY gonna be to get?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Default How hard are Shelby's REALLY gonna be to get?

I dont have one ordered.. But how hard will they be to get really?
I remember the new Mach 1's were hard for about 8 mo or so.

I was also wondering this..(If you could answer each question I would REALLY appreciate it, thx in advance!) I just got an 06 Mustang Gt about a month ago.

1. I was wondering how hard it will be to get one in the first year..or second if you can only get them in first preordered.

2. How long will it take for dealerships to start getting them AFTER all the pre orders are gone? (for the general public)

3. How long will it take for people to be able to get them at the MSRP or normal range over?

4. I thought the shelby was supposed to be available in summer of 06.. whats the date now?

5. If I decided to trade it in for a shelby... how bad would it set me financially.
I know cars lose value and you lose it right when you drive it off the lot.. but HOW bad is it to trade a car in after a year? Is this what it means to be "upside down"?

6. I was gonna start putting double on my monthly payments to pay this car off fast (Im on a five yr loan but can pay ALOT more a mo). I wonder how much it would help me with trading it in for a shelby in a year or so? Lets say I cut down the length of the loan to half or a quater due to my increased payments...ex: 5yrs into 2.

Again...Thanks for all the help!
Old 05-21-2006, 06:34 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: How hard are Shelby's REALLY gonna be to get?

All i know is i would love to have one.....maybe in '09 or '10 they can be had for msrp...
Old 05-21-2006, 06:54 PM
8URWS6
2nd Gear Member

Depends on how much money you got!!!!
Limited production = hard to get even down the road. They will retain thier value for some time
Old 05-21-2006, 09:29 PM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

From what I have heard (and bear in mind this is third party information, so take it with a grain of salt) the MSRP on the new Shelby is going to be 36,000-40,000. Now, you WON'T find a dealership selling it for that. Around here in Floirda and from what I've seen online, most dealers are going to be selling them for at least 10,000 over MSRP.

As for holding their value? Only time will tell. I suspect they will, however. Look at the Cobras, they have held their value much over the years. Not to mention we are talking about a 500hp car for a bargain price.

Just my two cents on the matter.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:31 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

If you are dilligent enough, after a couple years, you will see one floating around at a ford dealer in the winter sometime. And to move the car they will probably do MSRP on it if you offer to take it off their hands for it then and there.

I dont know, it is nice and all. But call me crazy, I like the looks of the std GT nose better by far. Also the wheels are just OK and the rockers should be body colored. And they also killed the retro gages and some leather color choices from what I understand. And they dulled down the whole interior. Which I thought was near perfect on the GT. And it seems that for what dealers are asking, there are better performance bargins out there.

There arent major earth shattering suspension differences and in short order ford will have it all availible over the counter for GT owners. With a supercharger the performance level of the GT500 motor could be nearly achieved in a normal GT. The 6 speed is more novelty than performance.

For 40 grand, I would have probably shelled out the 10 grand more and went for it. But I dont know how quick I would be to trade up now. MSRP of 50K would have made me think twice. Anything more than that, and the word bargin gets a little soft. And paying over MSRP is crazy.

You are going to get spanked pretty good on your trade unless you sell it privatly after only a year.

Old 05-21-2006, 11:19 PM
StartMeUp
1st Gear Member

Check out this article on CNN's website:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/05/17/...ker/index.html

Old 05-21-2006, 11:28 PM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

Sorry but the looks of the shelby isn't workin for me.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:58 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

I would love one too, But I must say If I were going to invest that much in a car I'd probably buy something else......But I'd love to have me a Shelby nevertheless..... I wish my money grew on trees
Old 05-22-2006, 04:14 PM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

I don't give a damn how nice it is....i REFUSE to pay ANYTHING over 3 grand in dealer markup. I don't mind someone makin some money, but i don't condone price gouging, and thats all that is.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:44 PM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pastor_ice43

I don't give a damn how nice it is....i REFUSE to pay ANYTHING over 3 grand in dealer markup. I don't mind someone makin some money, but i don't condone price gouging, and thats all that is.
I agree with you, unless we're talking a specialty car (Something along the lines of the Ford GT), or a supercar, paying over MSRP is a terrible decision. The dealerships get greedy and seel this cars for as much as they can get away with. I am hoping *Crosses fingers* that we will be able to find the Shelby's in a few years for a more resonable price.

Quick Reply: How hard are Shelby's REALLY gonna be to get?