Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FINALLY

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 12:42 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: FINALLY

goood lord it is so nice. Finally picked it up and it is just simply...amazing. The ONLY thing is...when i ordered it, i had the polished al. 18" rims. They put 18's on....but they arnt the polished al. ones. I dont even know what the other ones are called. So im kinda bumbed about that but its such an awesome car that i dont even care. I just gotta learn how to drive a 5 speed better!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 04:28 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Hey everyone, i finally got time for some pictures!!!

heres the link to my cardomain.

Click Me
Old 05-26-2006, 04:43 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Just go take a long crusie and even if its not dirty wash it. Its a great felling trust me.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:14 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdback19

Just go take a long crusie and even if its not dirty wash it. Its a great felling trust me.
You just posted what my day was like today....[sm=shades.gif]
Old 05-27-2006, 02:30 AM
Cowtown
2nd Gear Member

Nice whip! I can't wait for mine, should hopefully have it for next Wed/Thurs. It's being brought down from another dealership and it's having tinting and clear bra being done. Can't hardly wait myself.

Looks like you got the Fan Blade 18" Or the Painted Aluminum wheels. Someone screwed up when entering the codes into the computer. I'd get the dealership to get you the right ones or guilt them into giving you something in exchange for keeping them. I mean you may like them, but may as well use the situation to take advantage of their cockup.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:56 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Good Looking car.

As for he car care portion of your question considering your car is black you will need to be extra careful when washing and drying that car or it is going to end up looking like crap. I would like to suggest two things the first would be to go join a detailing forum and learn the proper methods of washing and drying and caring for that car. Next i would suggest for drying that you spend some money and buy some high quality Microfiber Waffle Weave drying towels.

Here is a forum that has a wealth of info and the guys on it are great and very helpful.

http://www.detailcity.org/

And here is the WW towel i spoke of. Buy at least three of them.

http://www.pakshak.com/waffle-weave-...l-25x36-1.html

I would also suggest getting yourself a coup0le 5 gallon buckets for washing and some real Sheepskin wash mittts. There is lot involved in keeping that car looking it's best but the work is welll worth it.

Richard
Old 05-27-2006, 05:53 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06stangGT

goood lord it is so nice. Finally picked it up and it is just simply...amazing. The ONLY thing is...when i ordered it, i had the polished al. 18" rims. They put 18's on....but they arnt the polished al. ones. I dont even know what the other ones are called. So im kinda bumbed about that but its such an awesome car that i dont even care. I just gotta learn how to drive a 5 speed better!!!
You got the "Fan Blades" which I have as well, I asked for the 18" Bullets as well, seems they give you what they have.... I would use slightly dampened very good quality terry towels, not 100% dry and not sent through the dryer with dryer sheets, this way they absorb more water and leave no streaks or scratches.

Good luck, that smile will remain on your face for months, trust me!

Old 05-27-2006, 07:44 PM
nghthawk

Sweet ride, congrats on your stang. Drive it like u stole it. Have fun and b safe!!
Old 05-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Hidalgo
2nd Gear Member

SWEET ! ... Congrats ! ... I also noticed the NY plate ... lol ... Enjoy your new Pony ... [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 05-27-2006, 09:58 PM
gkosin
2nd Gear Member

For cleaning and drying only use microfiber towels and no fabric softener when you wash them. Get a good sheep skin wash mitt and dunk it often in the soap bucket keeping lots of suds to lubricate while washing. Start at the top and go down. I have two mitts one for the top 2/3's of the car and one for the rocker panels and rims and tires. Always wash out of the direct sun when its cooler. These are the basics anyway. I use a California water blade to squeegee most of the water off so drying is a snap.
Greg

Quick Reply: FINALLY