Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just put on Stars and Stripes pony (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 01:45 AM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Just put on Stars and Stripes pony (pics)

I think it's very fitting to have it on a car that was made in the USA. Show your colors! I don't see it as being disrespectful. Just the opposite since it shows pride in our country.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:00 AM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

EXACTLY! im a proud american and would not do anything to tarnish its reputation or disrespect it. i did it out of pride for living in this great country and because i own an american car.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:35 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 1sicpony
you dont see it dragging the ground or going up in flames do u? lighten up
Lighten up? How was I being "heavy"? I wasn't ******* the person for doing it. I was pointing out that it was against flag etiquette. Which it is.

ORIGINAL: RCT06GT
EXACTLY! im a proud american and would not do anything to tarnish its reputation or disrespect it. i did it out of pride for living in this great country and because i own an american car.
I didn't question your patriotism. You obviously are proud. But perhaps you do not quite understand the things that are looked upon as improper ediquette when it comes to the flag and it being a symbol of our country. Many don't. There are alot of people that wear clothes with flags on them, or have flags on their picnic napkins at 4th of July parties, or use a form of flag motif for the symbol for their business. All are done in good taste and with no disrespect. But all are against flag etiquette.

ORIGINAL: BoidMorphs
I think it's very fitting to have it on a car that was made in the USA. Show your colors! I don't see it as being disrespectful. Just the opposite since it shows pride in our country.
Once again, not questioning anyones love for the United States. But does showing pride override what is considered proper respect for the flag of your country?

How about instead of everyone getting defensive toward me you follow the link and read the rules of etiquette for yourself. You will be pretty surprised at some of the things that we give absolutely no thought to that actually shouldn't be done.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:46 AM
Driver_Kiddo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

ORIGINAL: 1sicpony
you dont see it dragging the ground or going up in flames do u? lighten up
Lighten up? How was I being "heavy"? I wasn't ******* the person for doing it. I was pointing out that it was against flag etiquette. Which it is.

ORIGINAL: RCT06GT
I didn't question your patriotism. You obviously are proud. But perhaps you do not quite understand the things that are looked upon as improper ediquette when it comes to the flag and it being a symbol of our country. Many don't. There are alot of people that wear clothes with flags on them, or have flags on their picnic napkins at 4th of July parties, or use a form of flag motif for the symbol for their business. All are done in good taste and with no disrespect. But all are against flag etiquette.

ORIGINAL: BoidMorphs
Once again, not questioning anyones love for the United States. But does showing pride override what is considered proper respect for the flag of your country?

How about instead of everyone getting defensive toward me you follow the link and read the rules of etiquette for yourself. You will be pretty surprised at some of the things that we give absolutely no thought to that actually shouldn't be done.

You are right, it does go agaisnt the Flag etiquette rules. But think about this... pretend "you" were in charge of the rules that guide your daily life. Pretend that there was no such hting as a flag etiquette rule. Would you or would you not Consider puting an emblem made out of stars and stripes as something to be offended of?

Just IMO, it is the motive behind the action, which in this case was to show that he is proud of his country & car that counts and as long as it is not doing ANY HARM to others, then its completly cool. No disrespect here at all.

btw it looks nice dood
Old 06-07-2006, 03:06 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

I would have to agree with Hawg. You can have pide for your country (sad that many dont). but it to me just doesnt look right there. Maybe if its a white stang with blue strips then that might look ok.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:33 AM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

Sorry, I have to agree that putting the Stars & Bars on anything but an American Flag goes against the grain. If I wore a RW&B condom does that make me patriotic? Fk no. Anybody even realise what happened 62 years ago today? June 6th, 1944? I think it's pretty sad that many of you will have to look around for the answer because they've decided not to teach history in the schools anymore. What a fuggin shame.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:37 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mister Roper

If I wore a RW&B condom does that make me patriotic? Fk no.
It does if your using it in china or vietnam
Old 06-07-2006, 03:50 AM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

ORIGINAL: Mister Roper

If I wore a RW&B condom does that make me patriotic? Fk no.
It does if your using it in china or vietnam
Don't fk with me bish. I got pics of you in "that" position.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:21 AM
STANGLVR
1st Gear Member

OOh OOOh I know it's D-DAY!! Do I win a prize?
Old 06-07-2006, 05:23 AM
STANGLVR
1st Gear Member

You can alos buy that pony emblam at
http://www.mustangtuning.com/05-2005...ems---05-.html

Quick Reply: Just put on Stars and Stripes pony (pics)