Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Question about 06 New Mustang I am buying.

Old 06-03-2006, 04:59 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Question about 06 New Mustang I am buying.

I wasn't trying to dis your car or find, just trying to give some sound advice which you already did. As for being jealous I don't think so. Yes, I paid $10,000 more for mine but it's a brand new '06 convertible that I ordered exactly the way I wanted with virtually every possible option except the Shaker 1000. I waited 2.5 months for it and given a choice I'd do it all over again because I love the car and it's a standout screamer! Congrats on your car and everyone else here for that matter.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

It really depends where you are whether you can get a deal or not. When I ordered my 06 GT, the local dealer was marking the GT's up $8000! Then they put some ugly chrome big wheels on them and were charging around $3500 extra for the wheel/tire package! Every dealer in the area was marking the GT's up at least $3k. I even went through a fleet program to get it at invoice, and no fleet manager would honor it (they would if I wanted a V6). The best I could do was straight MSRP.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:41 AM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

YO YO peteypete.

Take it from da pro dat know.
Ya won't win friends, and influence ppl,
wit comments like dat !!!!!!

Try the new members' section, get 100 posts under your belt, and come back and play wit da bigboys.

(Anyone in here willing to commit to 22.5K on a car you've only seen in pics, 1/3 of the way accross country)

LOL

JMO
Old 06-04-2006, 03:52 AM
Black2007
1st Gear Member

In the Dallas area...you can get the car for $250-500 over invoice. That is about 2-2.5K below MSRP..

Old 06-04-2006, 04:27 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: peteypete
So to all of you out there who are like " ah dude, this guy probably drove it off a cliff and had it rebuilt..."-its ok, I understand you are a little upset that you paid too much for the same car.
LOL! No, I think these guys are trying to help you out with a friendly warning. There are LOTS of scams on eBay, and while your seller may be legit I've got to tell you, that story sounds totally baked. Rich guy buys car for wife who never drives it, he's got money out the wazzoo so doesn't mind selling for a big loss. Classic scam story. Carfax doesn't mean squat, this could be a hail damage car or a Katrina rebuild and that won't show up on a Carfax or title search. Hopefully you're working a deal where you will go see the car before plunking the money down. If you pay in advance and have it shipped, then good luck to you because you're going to need it.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:57 PM
edlong

There's only two ford Dealers in my area, 4 within a 65 mile radius. The two local ones, each only had 1 GT in stock (convertible $30+K) and I've been watching for months. Any time they'd get one it, it would be gone in a few days, plus I wanted manual, which seemed to be 1 out of 6 cars, inlcuding the V6s. They ended up getting a car in my specs 300 miles away. I ended up paying MSRP. They wouldn't go any lower, but I didn't walk out. Maybe I should have. Did I pay too much!?

Old 06-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Sean3667
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan64456

Black/Black leather... loaded 5 speed manual, int upgrade, shaaker 500, etc.... They are offering me it at exact MSRP which is 28370.. Does this sound like a good deal?

My only concern is on the window sticker, it sais Cali Emissions...

The identical one next do it did not.

Does this hinder any performance or make harder to do any kinda mods? What exactly is it?

Thanks.. Let me know! I can't wait to pick it up!
Dan ... try expanding your search radius a bit. Dayton Ford in South Brunswick, NJ (not far from exit 8A of the NJ Turnpike) currently lists 23 '06 Mustang GT's in stock. Haldeman Ford in East Windsor, NJ also had at least a half dozen '06 GT's out front for several months. They appear to have moved them to another part of the lot, as all of them disappeared from in front of the building the same day. Both dealers were throwing on surcharges for the '05 cars ... but dropped the prices a lot when the 2006 cars hit the lot. There's also a couple of other Ford dealers in the area who usually have good GT stocks on hand (such as Capital City Ford in Trenton).

Driving an hour, could save you a couple thousand dollars on a car you can drive home the same day.