Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just Received my dyno sheet from the turbo shop

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 12:15 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Just Received my dyno sheet from the turbo shop

Brian,

http://teamjdm.com/

Also, I thought the GMS kit was supposed to come with a dual fuel pump setup, that is what JR kept saying in his posts on various boards. I take it you didn't get a BAP, extra fuel pump or dual fuel pumps?

Kevin
Old 06-14-2006, 12:30 PM
bpgreen20

Thanks Kevin

I just called and talked to Mike. He made me comfortable that the GT500 pumps can work. He explained how, but it was somewhat over my head. He's got them up and running in his car in any case. The kit may come with duel fuel pumps from GMS, I'm not sure. I fell into a deal where I actually got mine directly from the supplier rather than GMS because of a previous commitment so it may be a little different. I've seen some posts from JR a few places and I get the impression he's not the most proffessional guy in the world. I may have taken them out of context, but when the owner of a company tells someone to change their maxi pad on a public internet forum, I don't get a great feeling. That's kinda off topic though I guess and I don't want to start a GMS bash session.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:39 PM
bpgreen20

Here's my latest dyno sheet. The green tune (034) is the one in the car. The fuel pressure is dropping a little above 5000rpm, thus the pumps. I'm told a boost a pump would do the trick, but after talking to Mike I'm going to try the GT500 pumps.

[IMG]local://upfiles/32842/28EE63F0B0AE4E8B90C4D9A0C4D15F52.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-14-2006, 12:45 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Just make sure you take CKs word of warning about the GT500 fuel pumps. They are worthless without the driver module and the wiring harness, and only JDM is selling them. You can't get them from Ford. If you aren't willing to drop 9 bones on the correct parts ( and personally I don't blame you! ) then I suggest going the BAP route.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:18 PM
bpgreen20

I'm getting conflicting information. Mike from Powerhouse says that you can do some rewiring and make it work. You guys are saying they are worthless. Right now I'm thinking I'll go ahead with my order since I've already paid for them and see what happens. I'm expect if it doesn't work out I will eventually be able to either get the harness or sell the pumps once the harness is available.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:29 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

I talked with Mike about this just a few minutes ago, he says the GT500 pumps will work without the 2nd FPDM and harness it just takes a little wiring. They have already installed a GT500 pump assembly in fin1's car and will be doing it in their shop car soon. I will take Mike's word this will work because I know him and his work is top notch.

Brian: How much boost are you running and are you running cats? Your numbers still seem low to me. Here is a dyno graph of my car which is otherwise completely stock including the mufflers at 9lbs of boost.

Old 06-14-2006, 02:35 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

No offense to Mike as he is a great guy but he is giving information on what he THINKS, not what he knows. They have not put it on fins cars yet and it is not CURRENTLY working so there is no way he can say for sure that it does work until it actually does. He will find that it will not work without the harness. Call JDM and talk to them too for a 2nd opinion before you buy. As everyone knows about the harness issue now, you will be hardpressed to sel lthem and no one has any idea how long it's going to be to get just the wiring hraness and driver module. Check other forum boards as well as this is a BIG issue all over the place. If mike can truly provide a cheap working solution for the pumps to work, many people will be happy.

Mark
Old 06-14-2006, 02:53 PM
bpgreen20

Kevin

Last I heard George had me at 7 lbs of boost, but that may have changed. I believe the other car in town is running at 6lbs. He had the numbers higher, but wanted to keep it at about 400 peak hp unless I want to upgrade the internals. I'm happy with the numbers and don't feel the need to push the limits of the stock internals. I may upgrade to forged components later, but for now I'm happy with the numbers and maybe having a greater factor of safety than is necessary. The more I educate myself the more I'm comfortable with what George is telling me. He's been very patient with my dumb questions, etc.

edit: I believe the kit includes high-flow cats.

Mark

Mike said this morning that it was installed in a car last night, but that they hadn't done extensive testing. Maybe I shouldn't have put it out there what he's doing with the pumps. I appreciate him helping me out from across the county without the prospect of me being a future client, and I'm hoping that he won't get bombarded with phonecalls or accusations because of my loud mouth.

Brian
Old 06-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

^^^^ YES

And next dyno day it is going to be seperated (there was over 200 people total) and we are going to have a mustang only day. I'll let you know when it will be.

Mark
wait, the optimal A/F is the SAME for boost AND na? my A/F is fairly steady around 12.8:1 at wot, and that is where i was making optimal power and my tuner said is ideal for na. i've driven 20k miles on it now and no problems and no detonation or pinging that i've noticed
Old 06-14-2006, 04:32 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: bpgreen20

Kevin

Last I heard George had me at 7 lbs of boost, but that may have changed. I believe the other car in town is running at 6lbs. He had the numbers higher, but wanted to keep it at about 400 peak hp unless I want to upgrade the internals. I'm happy with the numbers and don't feel the need to push the limits of the stock internals. I may upgrade to forged components later, but for now I'm happy with the numbers and maybe having a greater factor of safety than is necessary. The more I educate myself the more I'm comfortable with what George is telling me. He's been very patient with my dumb questions, etc.

edit: I believe the kit includes high-flow cats.

Mark

Mike said this morning that it was installed in a car last night, but that they hadn't done extensive testing. Maybe I shouldn't have put it out there what he's doing with the pumps. I appreciate him helping me out from across the county without the prospect of me being a future client, and I'm hoping that he won't get bombarded with phonecalls or accusations because of my loud mouth.

Brian
As I have said on MANY occasions, Mike is a standup guy and if anyone can figure out how to make the pumps work without the harness, he's one of them. I was just saying that until it's tried, tested, and proven you should hold off on buying the pumps. Installing them is a matter of splicing wires, getting them to work is a matter of tunig and will taker some time either way so you should hold off for a little bit. You're not pushing enough power right now anyway to require more than a BAP IMHO anyway, so it shouldnn't be a major concern for you at the moment.

Mark

Quick Reply: Just Received my dyno sheet from the turbo shop