Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just Received my dyno sheet from the turbo shop

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 04:18 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just Received my dyno sheet from the turbo shop

ORIGINAL: cableguymicah

Yes it does...Not to sound like some rich *******, but I was prepaired to spend 7k-10k if not more. I have a saleen so I know that there will be some more suspension that needs to be upgraded, atleast I have a starting point. My goal is 600+rwhp a 10 second everyday car (if i choose)

I new it was going to be allot involved other than engine. Tranny for one.

I think with new trans, engine build 10-12k plus my 6k already invested with the s/c 16-18k for a 50+k car will make for one bad *** looking and peformaing car.......

Hope to be done by the end of the year.......I plan on postin pics this thing starts.........

The good thing, is guys like you have really helped with guys like me so we dont make the mistakes others have had. I will prob Im or email you with questions if you dont mind as we start this build.Thanks

Micah.
Um, looking to sponser me? PLEASE? With sugar on top? Not looking for too much, just a SC, rims, tires etc.... not too much at all right? []
Old 06-16-2006, 04:37 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

I am always looking to invest into something that will make me some money (well other than my car's). So unless you can make me some money with your car that I will be investing in, you might want to go to Rent a Rim for your rims, as for the s/c you could hook up a blow dryer to your engine that could blow some air in there.

I'm kidding..............

lol nice try though
Old 06-16-2006, 04:38 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

Also to add to what I said earlier...allot of people question why I would put all this money in a saleen. I have allways wanted to have something that stands out and I think modded saleen does that. I even at on time was looking to do a engine swap and that is still possible.............
Old 06-16-2006, 05:01 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Micah,

With what your willing to spend you should EASILY achive your goals. On your budget, I would think you will be able to upgrade your valve train, P/P your heads with manly valves, build a squirt kit into your block, beef up the rear end, upgrade your tranny, and have an awesome set of rims/tires for the track in addition to having a bullitproof motor. You are right in your thinking and I was bringing up the point for those who think a simple $1600 rotating assembly kit is all they need to make 600 HP. You already have the forced induction down and your budget is right there to build a supercar. Just in case you're wondering I have $58,000 total in mine when it's finished (including the roush car) and I'll give you a million dollars if you can find a stock car anywhere in the world that is as fast as my car for that price...

I 100% agree with you about having something unique, thus the reason I'm building mine. For those who think you're stupid/crazy - F'EM!...lol

Email me anytime when you get into your build and I will be happy to help you any way that I can.

Mark