Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I chirpped the rubber from fourth to fifth gear. Unfreaking believeable

Old 06-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default I chirpped the rubber from fourth to fifth gear. Unfreaking believeable

This may sound like an insufficent thread however when driving home today on the interstate while passing someone I actually chirpped the wheels while changing the gears from fourth to fifth. Damn I love this car. The guy in the fast lane though at first angry how to be impressed with my car. I am so pumped. I'm not talking a little chirp either I mean a major f*cking chirp. I would tell you the mph but I don't want to incriminate myself. Happy Weekend everyone.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11318/DA203334925D48CF9F6214491424BB74.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-02-2006, 06:21 PM
GotYoNacho
1st Gear Member

Default RE: I chirpped the rubber from fourth to fifth gear. Unfreaking believeable

Congrats on that.

On a side note: What is up with that sig pic? I check the forums at work off and on and try to stay away from that stuff.

*edit*

err, attached pic, not sig.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I chirpped the rubber from fourth to fifth gear. Unfreaking believeable

The attached picture is just a little picture for entertainment value, after all it will be officially [sm=teetertooter.gif] the weekend at 1700hours. If it does bother someone then someone come to bat and say it so I will edit it out for those who are so fortunate to surf the internet while at work.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:30 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

You must have some crappy tires. My tires NEVER squeal, ever.........DAmn I Love my Dunlops.
-P.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:31 PM
mnastase

Are you serious? You must have been driving on ice or something. I'm not a hater or anything, I do own a modded 05GT. I couldn't imagine this happening in my car and I have more performance mods than you do. Is this BS or what?
Old 06-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Dude I am absoultley serious. All I can think is I must of hit the sweet spot just right and the roads have been a little damp to off and on showers.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:38 PM
mnastase

Ahhh, the showers could explain it. Nothing like a freshly coated street that hasn't had enough rain to wash off all the oils and debris. Nice and slick, eventhough it looks sort of dry. Well good story. I know I could never get that out of my car, but cheers to you.

05 Premium GT
Kooks LT Headers and Off Road X-Pipe
Borla Axle Backs
C&L CAI, SCT X-Cal 2 w/ Evolution Performance Tune
4.10's
Hurst Shifter
Old 06-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

i used to chirp 4th all the time on the highway when completely dry with 255 KDWs, back when i thrashed my car around on the street, that is. i can see 5th happening if he over-revved and dumped it...but its hard to beleive if he don have gears. i've also never NOT CHIRPED 4th at the track...gotta love nice pavement!

daniel60, don't you have a gto?
Old 06-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sleeper05

i used to chirp 4th all the time on the highway when completely dry with 255 KDWs, back when i thrashed my car around on the street, that is. i can see 5th happening if he over-revved and dumped it...but its hard to beleive if he don have gears. i've also never NOT CHIRPED 4th at the track...gotta love nice pavement!

daniel60, don't you have a gto?
Thats funny sleeper you know that I'm a true blue ford man. I wouldn't own a GTO if it was given to me for free. I would sell it and salvage the money on mods for my 05 Stang.[sm=happybounce.gif]
Old 06-02-2006, 09:23 PM
71mustanggrande

stop.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I chirpped the rubber from fourth to fifth gear. Unfreaking believeable