Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Engine blown Where can I get one at reasonable $$

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 06:31 PM
scsimonton

Default Engine blown Where can I get one at reasonable $$

I had my KB supercharger in for all of three days before the engine blew. Needless to say I'm not very happy. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement engine at a reasonable price? I'm looking for one that is capable of handling the 8 PSI boost, but don't need anything excessive. This is a daily driver. I'm in the military and stationed in Germany so hopefully it will come relatively plug and play...there isn't a plethora of dealerships around :-)
Old 06-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Engine blown Where can I get one at reasonable $$

damn I'm sorry to hear your bad news. Thats what I worry about when buying a supercharger that it will blow up the engine. So if the day ever came I like one with the minimum psi for safe measure because I have heard people blowing up , bending rods and so on.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:54 PM
scsimonton

KB is saying I must have had a defective rod, but the engine companies I've talked with say they are getting calls right and left from others in the same boat. In fact Boss 330 said it best, "You are at the end of a very long line". Take it from me, invest in the bottom end first. The estimates I've gotten so far are $17,500 (1000hp capable) and $9000 (up to 600hp). I'm sure shipping will run another $1000 on top of that. I'm sick at my stomach... With that I know that if you are going to play you have to be ready to pay. I just didn't know it was going to be so darn expensive.
ORIGINAL: Daniel60

damn I'm sorry to hear your bad news. Thats what I worry about when buying a supercharger that it will blow up the engine. So if the day ever came I like one with the minimum psi for safe measure because I have heard people blowing up , bending rods and so on.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:52 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

www.fordparts.com

and www.fordracing.com

I hope that helps..

best of luck

Rex
Old 06-03-2006, 07:58 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

I know double post.. but I have been wondering if a 03 Mustang SVT engine would work in our cars.???. talk about a block... that thing is rock solid.. forged piston's and crank ( if I am not mistaken.. ?? )

I do know that at my "tune shop" they love those blocks.. I will give them a call this Monday if I can.. because I can't decide to go with a S/C or get a 03 block ( if it will fit ) and make that a monster..

Rex
Old 06-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

Check out Sean Hyland motorsports.... he has the adaptor plates for the cast blocks and built motors...

Very nice....
Old 06-03-2006, 09:29 PM
silverstang06
2nd Gear Member

man, what year was your car?
Old 06-03-2006, 10:07 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Seems like the KB'S are not working to well with the S197 I have not heard near the problems coming from saleen or others.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Scooter80
2nd Gear Member

There always seems to be a new(er) block on EBay, then just buy a lower-end upgrade kit from some of the many suppliers listed in previous responses.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:57 PM
silverpoison
2nd Gear Member

scsimonton, Dude sorry to hear that about your car with the kb. I have been running the kb for over 4 months with no problems I love it. You probably were one of the unlucky ones. I recommento to anyone going with the kb to trow their tune to the trash and get a custom tune I preffer diablo over sct but thats just me.

Quick Reply: Engine blown Where can I get one at reasonable $$