Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

got ass whopped by a c5 time for mods.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 11:50 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: got *** whopped by a c5 time for mods.

ORIGINAL: MrRogers

I believe you started this whole generalization thing... lets see if i remember correctly..."I don't even worry about C5's around here since I'm blown. Probably 90% of the vettes around here are either stock or won't mess with any one on the streets"
I also explained that I don't worry about them because there aren't that many C5-owning hotrodders around here who will rev up to me on the street. I just concern myself less now that I'm s/c'd because if one did......I stand less chance of looking like a fool in a slow car. And there are still only a handful of C6's around here....so I'm not takin them into consideration.
The LS1 mod shops are making just as much money as the others. The point I was trying to make to you is that it is incredibly easy and cheap to turn a LS1 into a monster! Cam+ headers= 11s. Don't think you are worry free because you have a SC. Now I try my hardest to not compare modded cars against stock just because of all of the varibles. Horsepower without a good tune will even make a car slower.
I never said I was worry free. I don't worry about anyone or anything else when I drive my car.....else it wouldn't be fun to drive it. I also don't think that I'm Billy Bad@$$ just cuz I have a blower. But there isn't a high concentration of street driven monsters around here either......so it doesn't take much to be in the top 10% of the food chain. I put the blower on because I wanted to own a fast muscular V8 powered car.
And in the same spirit: don't think YOU'RE worry free because you own a Z06.[8D]
"and regular C6's will have their hands full with me. And mind you.......I haven't even come close to investing as much in this car as a new C6".
You'd have to at least admit that a C6 would not have an easy win over a 550+bhp GT......and that's all I was saying. Never said I would hand every C6 his @$$ on a plate.
You know the most common thing I hear from people? They ask me why didn't I save my money and Modd the GT instead of buying the Z06. I then tell them." If I modd the GT I would have a beast that people will never know exist until they see me race it. But the Z06 gets instant beast recognition and respect as soon as they lay their eyes on it. I love my GT it's my work horse. But people buy Vettes not to save money but to get that incredible sensation every time they get a stare in public.
Well I wouldn't question your investment choices as far as your cars go. I wouldn't mod the GT either if I owned a Z06 ..........AND was about to buy an even bigger beast (C6 Z06). Like I said, I wasn't trying to take anything away from the corvette. So I'm sorry if we got over onto two left feet here Mr.Rogers. I know where I stand in the scheme of things with my s/c 05 GT.....but I don't have to be content to stay there if I'm willing to do something about it. I guess I'm going for the opposite of the typical vette buyer: I want a mostly stock looking mustang GT that hauls ***. lol. I have no issues with being a sleeper. I've always owned slow cars, and I'm ready to be something other than someone else's dinner.[8D]
Old 06-10-2006, 12:55 AM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

I believe you started this whole generalization thing... lets see if i remember correctly..."I don't even worry about C5's around here since I'm blown. Probably 90% of the vettes around here are either stock or won't mess with any one on the streets"
I also explained that I don't worry about them because there aren't that many C5-owning hotrodders around here who will rev up to me on the street. I just concern myself less now that I'm s/c'd because if one did......I stand less chance of looking like a fool in a slow car. And there are still only a handful of C6's around here....so I'm not takin them into consideration.
The LS1 mod shops are making just as much money as the others. The point I was trying to make to you is that it is incredibly easy and cheap to turn a LS1 into a monster! Cam+ headers= 11s. Don't think you are worry free because you have a SC. Now I try my hardest to not compare modded cars against stock just because of all of the varibles. Horsepower without a good tune will even make a car slower.
I never said I was worry free. I don't worry about anyone or anything else when I drive my car.....else it wouldn't be fun to drive it. I also don't think that I'm Billy Bad@$$ just cuz I have a blower. But there isn't a high concentration of street driven monsters around here either......so it doesn't take much to be in the top 10% of the food chain. I put the blower on because I wanted to own a fast muscular V8 powered car.
And in the same spirit: don't think YOU'RE worry free because you own a Z06.[8D]
"and regular C6's will have their hands full with me. And mind you.......I haven't even come close to investing as much in this car as a new C6".
You'd have to at least admit that a C6 would not have an easy win over a 550+bhp GT......and that's all I was saying. Never said I would hand every C6 his @$$ on a plate.
You know the most common thing I hear from people? They ask me why didn't I save my money and Modd the GT instead of buying the Z06. I then tell them." If I modd the GT I would have a beast that people will never know exist until they see me race it. But the Z06 gets instant beast recognition and respect as soon as they lay their eyes on it. I love my GT it's my work horse. But people buy Vettes not to save money but to get that incredible sensation every time they get a stare in public.
Well I wouldn't question your investment choices as far as your cars go. I wouldn't mod the GT either if I owned a Z06 ..........AND was about to buy an even bigger beast (C6 Z06). Like I said, I wasn't trying to take anything away from the corvette. So I'm sorry if we got over onto two left feet here Mr.Rogers. I know where I stand in the scheme of things with my s/c 05 GT.....but I don't have to be content to stay there if I'm willing to do something about it. I guess I'm going for the opposite of the typical vette buyer: I want a mostly stock looking mustang GT that hauls ***. lol. I have no issues with being a sleeper. I've always owned slow cars, and I'm ready to be something other than someone else's dinner.[8D]
No hard feelings on this side. Your still cool in my book. A 550bhp GT should walk on a C6 Vette all day. The only reason i've haven't modded my car is because i'm worried about reliability issues. 500hp being sent through a drivetrain that was meant for a 260hp car must have a short life. Have you had any issues yet?
Old 06-10-2006, 11:59 AM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mark charlie

Time for some mods. He made me look stupid. Where to begin. I am stock the corvette was not even a z06 just a stock 01 vette. Help!!!!!
May I recommend a Saleen SC? He won't know what hit him if you don't tell him what you are packing! Gives you the ultimate sleeper until you mash the gas!!!

Mike
Old 06-10-2006, 12:54 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

No hard feelings on this side. Your still cool in my book. A 550bhp GT should walk on a C6 Vette all day. The only reason i've haven't modded my car is because i'm worried about reliability issues. 500hp being sent through a drivetrain that was meant for a 260hp car must have a short life. Have you had any issues yet?
Well I'm still just at 4 psi (460bhp) with a really good tune, which is well within the safe limits for the stock motor. My car is runnin strong with no hiccups.....I'm gonna try and get her out to the track soon. The highest I am willing to go on stock internals is 8 psi....but on the Saleen twin screw blower, 8 psi will put me well over 500bhp. I have no time table for my pulley swap just yet......suspension mods and new tires are next on the list. I don't even wanna imagine 500+hp trying to get down on my stock 235/55 Pirelli's and stock suspension[&:]

But I'm not worried about fiddling around with the 05 because my stock 98 V6 Mustang is my daily workhorse

P.S. You get any kind of idea when you're gonna be able to pick up that shiny new black Z06?[sm=drooldude.gif]
Old 06-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Maalox

I don't even worry about C5's around here since I'm blown. Probably 90% of the vettes around here are either stock, or won't mess with anyone on the street. But I'm still curious how I will stack up against a C6 or a C5 Z06.....hopefully time will tell.

But yea, I say put a blower on that mustang and represent[8D]
Yeah don't even worry about the old guys. But the young ones are not to be messed with. I know of about 6 different ones with a Cam only setup that would smoke you even with your blower.

I agree that many vette owners leave them stock and are afraid to step on the gas. But you mght be suprised that some of us "Old Guys" have also added cams and headers

Cheers,

Maalox
Old 06-10-2006, 02:54 PM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

Well I'm still just at 4 psi (460bhp) with a really good tune, which is well within the safe limits for the stock motor. My car is runnin strong with no hiccups.....I'm gonna try and get her out to the track soon. The highest I am willing to go on stock internals is 8 psi....but on the Saleen twin screw blower, 8 psi will put me well over 500bhp. I have no time table for my pulley swap just yet......suspension mods and new tires are next on the list. I don't even wanna imagine 500+hp trying to get down on my stock 235/55 Pirelli's and stock suspension[&:]

But I'm not worried about fiddling around with the 05 because my stock 98 V6 Mustang is my daily workhorse

P.S. You get any kind of idea when you're gonna be able to pick up that shiny new black Z06?[sm=drooldude.gif]
As soon as my color arrives. They have me on call. The minute they tell me that it's in stock I will literaly drop everything and go down there and buy it.