Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

got ass whopped by a c5 time for mods.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 07:42 PM
mark charlie

Default got *** whopped by a c5 time for mods.

Time for some mods. He made me look stupid. Where to begin. I am stock the corvette was not even a z06 just a stock 01 vette. Help!!!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 08:04 PM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

Default RE: got *** whopped by a c5 time for mods.

ORIGINAL: mark charlie

Time for some mods. He made me look stupid. Where to begin. I am stock the corvette was not even a z06 just a stock 01 vette. Help!!!!!
Are you surprised? LOL

Firstly, what do you have?
Old 06-06-2006, 08:06 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Describe the situation.
r u pure stock ?
did u miss a gear ?
Advise.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:23 PM
mark charlie

Total stock 8 cylinder. 05 GT. No I did not miss a shift. The vette was all stock an 01 convertible. I work with this guy. We went to local drag strip to settle the dispute on saturday. The guy who I ran against i have known for about 10years. We both have drag expirience. We ran three times, he smoked me three times. IT IS TIME FOR SOME MODS TO WAKE THE MUSTANG UP. I need to keep it street legal. It is a toy but I thought this stuff was out of my system 12 years ago. I guess not. Mark
Old 06-06-2006, 08:33 PM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

Total stock 8 cylinder. 05 GT. No I did not miss a shift. The vette was all stock an 01 convertible. I work with this guy. We went to local drag strip to settle the dispute on saturday. The guy who I ran against i have known for about 10years. We both have drag expirience. We ran three times, he smoked me three times. IT IS TIME FOR SOME MODS TO WAKE THE MUSTANG UP. I need to keep it street legal. It is a toy but I thought this stuff was out of my system 12 years ago. I guess not. Mark
Whats really sad is that the convertable Vettes are slower than the hard tops. Get some gears and a tune and pray that he doesn't do the same or you'll be right back where you started...
Old 06-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

you will be utterly shocked and blown away at how much of a difference an intake/tuner and gears will make. get them and it will be a much different race.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:46 PM
mark charlie

I need suggestions who to purchase from. What companies are good to deal with?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:41 PM
rjgstang
3rd Gear Member

tuneableinduction.com and get the carbon fiber one and the sct tune pack. and your car will come alive!
Old 06-07-2006, 12:11 AM
bobn

ls motors in vettes have approx 90 more hp and the vettewiegh approx 300 pds less. i can beat my brothers lt1 vette with my o6 and also beat it with my 97 svo blown car. beating his z06 vette is gonna take a turbo....bobn
Old 06-07-2006, 01:25 AM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

+1 ... this guy can drive .. ( your bud ) I beat a Vette not long ago but he couldn't drive.. went up in smoke on the take off.. so go with a S/C and you can always be looking back in the mirror at him ..

gears and a CAI are OK.. but not against this guy it doesn't sound like .. again because he can drive...

so S/C THAT THING...!!

JMO

Rex

BTW: my next mode is going to be a S/C.. in fact if I had it to do it over again .. I wish I would have done the S/C first..

Quick Reply: got ass whopped by a c5 time for mods.