Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Diablo custom tune download. How?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 05:30 PM
stang71111
1st Gear Member

Default Diablo custom tune download. How?

Does anyone know how to download a custom tune to the Diablo tuner? I got the tune on E-mail, and then saved it to my desktop, and I allready had the Diablo Downloader program on my desktop. Well, the Diablo said the tune saved succesfully, but when I tried to load custom tune into the car, it said I did not have a custom tune, so I guess I am doing something wrong. Can anyone assist me? What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:20 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Diablo custom tune download. How?

Hi stang71111,

I have an older Diablo Predator with a Steeda part number and the Steeda version specific firmware that I purchased with the old Steeda CAI kit with the 85mm MAF housing. I recently updated my Steeda CAI kit to the latest 90mm MAF housing and then had to upgrade the Predator's older internal firmware version to the latest firmware release R26. I had no problems downloading the latest revision firmware and then updating the Predator firmware and downloading fresh custom tunes and flashing my S197GT. All I did was follow the instructions on Diablo's website to download and install the latest revision Predator firmware EXACTLY and it worked perfectly for both operations.

Can you post more information? What version (part numner), Predator do you have and what revision firmware is loaded in the Predator currently? What kind of cable from your computer to the Predator and what power supply do you have? Are you using the Radio Shack part numbers as recommended by Diablo on the Diablo website? This is what I used initally but then I wanted to o data logging so I bought a Radio Shack USB2.0 to RS-232 converter cable.

When you loaded the Predator with your new tune files how did you do it? Did you follow the website's instructions exactly? Did you look in the custom tune area of the menu?

Cheers

ORIGINAL: stang71111

Does anyone know how to download a custom tune to the Diablo tuner? I got the tune on E-mail, and then saved it to my desktop, and I allready had the Diablo Downloader program on my desktop. Well, the Diablo said the tune saved succesfully, but when I tried to load custom tune into the car, it said I did not have a custom tune, so I guess I am doing something wrong. Can anyone assist me? What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help.