Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Do we have or should we have a sign?

Old 06-10-2006, 12:29 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default Do we have or should we have a sign?

Wuz up peeps. Being a biker as well as a new Mustanger I was wondering something. As all you fellow bikers already will know, what happens when you are riding down the road and another sport bike crosses you? That's right, you give the left handed out wave/acknowlegement. I have had 2 bikes and since day one this happened everytime I passed another biker( not really with the Harley dudes but sometimes)

So I was thinking why don't we have a sign or wave or something?? to other Mustangs? We are all very smart for appreciating the Mustang so should we not show respect to another Mustang when it crosses our path?? To be honest I have had my O6 Gt since about Jan, and I have only had one guy give me the thumbs up when he saw me comming up along side him on the highway. He had a V6 and he had the thumbs up sign even before I made it beside him. I returned the favor and gave him a little fellow growl from my Macs. He than got behind me and rode with me for the next 3 exits until I got off.

Should we give the "whuts up Mustanger" sign to each other? If so what should the sign be?
Do any of you already do it?
Does it matter?
It's just I feel proud to be apart of this group and can respect those who take the leap and make the purchase along with me, be it 68 or 06.
What do you think? I am asking honestly, thanks guys....
Old 06-10-2006, 12:34 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Do we have or should we have a sign?

flash your fogs? i don't think hand gestures will catch on.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:41 AM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

thumbs up seems to be the standard.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:54 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Good idea. Anyone agree??
Old 06-10-2006, 01:19 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

Lets keep the current routine going. IGNORE EACHOTHER

Every 05+ stang I see could care less. Great car, tons of compliments, but in genral, most mustang owners dont even care and just turn their heads.

I tried a thumbs up once, the big response was a nod.

V6 owners in general seem to be extra wierd when a gt is next to them. Older body styles are even more snobbish. I parked next to a mach 1 recently in front of a convienence store and both of us were getting out of the cars. I waited to see if he was going to say something. Not a word. Finally I said nice car. He said thanks and that was it.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:50 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I guess you might need to browse these boards a bit more!
It has been customary among Mustang drivers to give a wave. Since there are so many Mustangs on the road it isn't mandatory- usually you do it to let the other driver know you like his ride.
I've heard the wave is a custom among other certain makes.

BTW, we will not be using any freakin' gang signs, like holding 3 fingers down to form an "M"!
Hand signs are for the ghetto!
Anybody doing that will get the universal one-finger salute!
Old 06-10-2006, 02:17 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

I guess you might need to browse these boards a bit more!
It has been customary among Mustang drivers to give a wave. Since there are so many Mustangs on the road it isn't mandatory- usually you do it to let the other driver know you like his ride.
I've heard the wave is a custom among other certain makes.

BTW, we will not be using any freakin' gang signs, like holding 3 fingers down to form an "M"!
Hand signs are for the ghetto!
Anybody doing that will get the universal one-finger salute!
Bwaa haa haa.... I agree. A wave will be just fine.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:15 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

Lets keep the current routine going. IGNORE EACHOTHER

Every 05+ stang I see could care less. Great car, tons of compliments, but in genral, most mustang owners dont even care and just turn their heads.

I tried a thumbs up once, the big response was a nod.

V6 owners in general seem to be extra wierd when a gt is next to them. Older body styles are even more snobbish. I parked next to a mach 1 recently in front of a convienence store and both of us were getting out of the cars. I waited to see if he was going to say something. Not a word. Finally I said nice car. He said thanks and that was it.
I have a v6.......I normally give a thumbs up to the GT or any mustang . 99 times out of 100 GT floors it or revs up the engine and then floors it one of the two just to let us v6ers that we still know that you are faster
Old 06-10-2006, 05:00 AM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

I usually give the thumbs up.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:00 AM
OdiousBarbarian
1st Gear Member

haha... just reading what you said about getting the wave from guys on Harleys made me laugh. I ALWAYS snub you crotch rocket riders. All the Harleys and Choppers i see get the wave, but if you are on a crotch rocket, you wont get anything from me

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do we have or should we have a sign?