Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I NEED STRIPES!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 02:21 AM
cboisits
2nd Gear Member

Default I NEED STRIPES!!!

Does anyone know the cheapest way to get some racing stripes on my 06 GT? Just like the Roush ones. I don't want to spend too much money though. If anyone knows a way to help me,...I'm all ears. Thanks!
Old 06-10-2006, 02:47 AM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I NEED STRIPES!!!

ORIGINAL: cboisits

Does anyone know the cheapest way to get some racing stripes on my 06 GT? Just like the Roush ones. I don't want to spend too much money though. If anyone knows a way to help me,...I'm all ears. Thanks!
Im all in for a good bargain but when it comes to painting your car, spare no expense. Do it right with no short cuts or you will be sorry..... just my opinion.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:50 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

+1 there is a reason nice things cost more
Old 06-10-2006, 02:56 AM
cboisits
2nd Gear Member

I agree. That is why I just ordered Borla axle backs. But I love these stripes and I'm wondering if I should apply them myself.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:00 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

putting them on yourself is very rewarding BUT you have to have alot of patients and it gets very frustrating VERY FRUSTRATING
Old 06-10-2006, 11:29 AM
cyberjock4hire
1st Gear Member

If you want a kit that is relatively easy to install order from BaltimoreStreetMods. Their stripe kits are easy to install and are of very good quality. I have their black shelby kit on my screaming yellow vert. Installation took about 7 hours and looks great. I did this as a temporary measure before I decide to have them painted. Still not sure. I would prefer more attention from young women flashing their brights at me rather than the cops. The full kit was about $116.00 and they have fairly well detailed instructions on their web site.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:38 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, that's where I got my stripe kit from. They're sponsors of this site but I found them on eBay. The fact that they're stripes are precut really helps a lot but it does take some expertise and patience. For that kind of money I figured I could buy a set, completely screw it up, and then buy another if I had to and still be ahead of the price Ford wants lol. Long term goal is to get it painted but right now my emphasis is to spend money to make it go faster!
Old 06-10-2006, 02:39 PM
ricfly52

ORIGINAL: Fizzie06

putting them on yourself is very rewarding BUT you have to have alot of patients and it gets very frustrating VERY FRUSTRATING
Ditto, I put stripes on a Camaro years ago. Here is my suggestion. If you have hair on your head, cut it very short before starting the project, otherwise you will pull it all out!
But you can do a good job by taking your time, and have fun with it.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:16 PM
cboisits
2nd Gear Member

I don't think I would want to do this myself. I know I'll screw it up. As for painting the stripes on; my Father and I know and have been dealing with a certain body shop for 20 years now. The'd definitely hook me up. Now does anyone know how much it is to paint them on so I can get a good idea as to how much he'd hook me up?
Old 06-10-2006, 07:29 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

If you gotta a good relationship, our "guestimates" mean squat. U say he's a friend, but, u want prices to compare, to see if he's gouging you. (hooking u up)
JMO, ur acting like you r gonna nickle and dime ur way thru this.
You have a great car, and it deserves great additons. Everyone wants a "Bargain", that's fine.
U stated the "cheapest way" WTF
But, I'm sorry ur acting like a total cheapass

Quick Reply: I NEED STRIPES!!!