Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharging the MGT

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 02:15 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Superchargine the MGT

I have yet to figure out why you are wanting to supercharge your Austin Healey MGT
Old 06-14-2006, 02:22 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hawgman

I have yet to figure out why you are wanting to supercharge your Austin Healey MGT
ROFLMAO I am glad someone finally said it, I thought the same thing when I saw Mustang GT abbreviated to MGT.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

LOL, sorry guys, I just got tired of typing Mustang GT all the time on the Mustang boards.
So I shortened it to MGT long ago.
Started doing it after I got a Legacy GT and we'd just call it the LGT on the Subaru boards.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Seems like the Saleen is the one to get, since Twin Screw's seem to be a bit more
preferred than Roots, and are quieter.
Twin screw blowers are so much more efficient over roots technology, they aren't even in the same universe.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Just spoke to Chris over at Whipple Industries.

The Supercharger kit for the 05/06 MGT will be available July 1st 2006.

He stated you could also go to the FRPP catalog to get a list of "authorized" Ford dealers who
can install it for you, and stated he believed the car would retain the factory warranty by
doing so. That would be sweet.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:30 PM
pcdrj
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Driver72

Just spoke to Chris over at Whipple Industries.

The Supercharger kit for the 05/06 MGT will be available July 1st 2006.

He stated you could also go to the FRPP catalog to get a list of "authorized" Ford dealers who
can install it for you, and stated he believed the car would retain the factory warranty by
doing so. That would be sweet.
Honestly...lots of people "believe" lots of things. Get it in writing from the dealer. If it ever comes to it, they'll believe that in court.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:48 PM
saleen.n/a.562

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

Seems like the Saleen is the one to get, since Twin Screw's seem to be a bit more
Twin screw blowers are so much more efficient over roots technology, they aren't even in the same universe.

I think Birdieman has put it best ^^^^^^ Saleen All around is one of the best in the biz.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

What about centrifugal superchargers? Are they worth looking into? Advantages/disadvantages?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:09 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

I just called ONE ( key word .. one ) local Ford Dealers today 6/14/06 ..

I asked " do you install Roush S/C.. ? "

Him " NO .. and that WILL void your warranty " ( WILL ) with a strong tone of voice..

I think it just depends on which dealer you go to.. that and I wouldn't get a Roush

anyway.. not for that cost ( bang for the buck ) I would go Saleen or Procharger..

I have a guy on EBAY trying to sell me a Saleen S/C kit.. ANYTHING.. at ALL that I need to know before I shell out the money.. ???????

like am I going to need this and that .. ( my point I don't want to spend a extra 1K or more than I thought... )

thanks in advance...

Rex
Old 06-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

What about centrifugal superchargers? Are they worth looking into? Advantages/disadvantages?
There is absolutly no wrong reason to go with a centrifugal unit. They are efficient, and make great power. But, the reason why i like a screw setup better for a daily driver is the fact that your hp does not depend on your rpm. I have owned and tuned both, and driven both for extended periods of time. The screw set up is the way to go. I think if any1 wanting a s/c on their stang right now was to drive a screw setup for a month and a centrifugal setup for a month, 9 out of 10 would opt to go with the screw setup. Why? Torque at ANY rpm.

Quick Reply: Supercharging the MGT