O/R H Pipe & SLP LoudMouths - MustangForums.com

Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

O/R H Pipe & SLP LoudMouths

Old 06-11-2006, 11:29 AM
ScreamingYellow
2nd Gear Member

Default O/R H Pipe & SLP LoudMouths

Just put my o/r mid pipe on yesterday. Videos don't do the noise level justice. For those that have gone and watched the Grand American Rolex Series, that is how loud my car is now. Might have to take the Loud Mouth's off and put the stock mufflers back on...
Old 06-11-2006, 01:27 PM
praztek
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: O/R H Pipe & SLP LoudMouths

Is it more of a deep throaty sound, or just loud and annoying?
Old 06-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Cruehead
1st Gear Member

I love it loud...but I hated the sound of my LM's with the O/R H. I took the H off for a while because I loved the LM's, but I hated losing out on the HP that the O/R pipes added. So I sold the LM's and put flows on and with the O/R H, and it sounds awesome.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

So you actually can tell a difference with the O/R H pipe? This is the wide h-pipe? made by pypes right?
ORIGINAL: Cruehead

I love it loud...but I hated the sound of my LM's with the O/R H. I took the H off for a while because I loved the LM's, but I hated losing out on the HP that the O/R pipes added. So I sold the LM's and put flows on and with the O/R H, and it sounds awesome.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Cruehead
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

So you actually can tell a difference with the O/R H pipe? This is the wide h-pipe? made by pypes right?
ORIGINAL: Cruehead

Yeah, the Pypes H. What I liked most was the car felt smoother all along the powerband with the O/R setup. You don't feel that much more power, but the dyno showed a 6RWHP gain.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:56 PM
ScreamingYellow
2nd Gear Member

Right now I'm going to say loud and annoying. Literally sounds like a v8 race car. I'm going to run it for a week to see if i chg my mind.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:39 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Sadly, this has happened to me once with my mopar (big-block) and I feel your pain.

I changed the mufflers to straight through style magnaflows. Swapping mufflers is a bit harder on those cars so it took 5 hours or so taking my time to clean everything up and re-paint the pipes.

I started the car in the driveway, sounded loud but mellow. But mean when the throttle was cracked. Went for a ride, it was terrible.

Brappy like a harley, resonated, any type of throttle movement (even normal passing) would result in alot of drone and brap.

Called magnaflow, they said it was due to the high velocity of the gasses because it was a big block car and reccomended resonators. Not my taste though.

Needless to say, they came off the car that night and I threw on a new improved set of dynomax super turbos and it sounded great. To me the turbo style muffler is still the best sounding on any system without cats. Just wish they were better quality.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:57 AM
Cruehead
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ScreamingYellow

Right now I'm going to say loud and annoying. Literally sounds like a v8 race car. I'm going to run it for a week to see if i chg my mind.
Good luck, bro. When I installed the O/R H with my SLP's, I took my O/R H off the next day. Loud, annoying, and obnoxious. To me, it sounded like a top fuel funny car...it was almost embarrasing to drive around for the day I had that combo.

I think the SLP's sound awesome with the stock mid pipe. Right now, I'm running the Pypes O/R H with Pypes Hi-Flow cats welded in, going into a set of Flowmasters. It sounds awesome.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:44 AM
2006RedGT
2nd Gear Member

Does it resonate through the car or something? Is it just too loud in the car or outside the car? I would think it would be cool for it sound like a funny car, does anyone actually like it?
Old 06-12-2006, 05:47 AM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

This setup has often been referred to as the "muffler delete" kit.