guys, say a little mustang prayer for my car... - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005-2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

guys, say a little mustang prayer for my car...

Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

guys, say a little mustang prayer for my car...

Old 06-11-2006, 09:12 PM
silverstang06
2nd Gear Member

Default guys, say a little mustang prayer for my car...

as some of you know, i just had dyna LTH, xpipe, borlas stinger cat backs, C&L CAI, 3.73's and performance tune installed. had this stuff done buy from what i've heard is a great mechanic about 50 min where i live(new orleans). to make a long story short when i left there it was all good...then i ge to new orleans and i hear this terrible scraping or crunching under the right side passenger seat and some serious vibration by the mufflers. mufflers sound like they are rubbing on the body. so now i'm thinking no prob i'll just drive it back and have them look at it......wrong. i get back in my ca later that night just to start it a listen to it and what happens? i turn the key and it sounds like the car thinks its already on. you know that horrible screeching sound. the flywheel was spinning but the car wasnt turning. so i'm like WTF?!?!? i look under the car and find a hex head bolt tha looks like it should be attached to my car. well, had it towed yesterday to the shop and the will look at it tomorrow.

now, from what i'm hearing its probably the starter that cames loose. the starter needs to be removed for the headers to be installed. well, i'll know tomorrow. but for now my car is in mustang limbo
Old 06-11-2006, 09:23 PM
miketx
1st Gear Member

Default RE: guys, say a little mustang prayer for my car...

that sucks man, i hate shady mechanics
Old 06-11-2006, 09:25 PM
silverstang06
2nd Gear Member

well, the mechanic is supposed to be really good, sh*t happens i guess and i'm a pretty laid back individual. humans make mistakes, as long as he corrects them and pays my tow(260) its all good.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:07 PM
marguerite66
4th Gear Member

I'm praying for you but I think it will work out ok. if you've heard that he is good then I'm sure he'll take care of it. Good luck!
Old 06-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Being a mechanic myself I can tell you $h!+ does happen but any mechanic worth their weight always goes back and check they're work. In my case there are always at least two sets of eyes on any particular job.