Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Whipple Vs. Kenne Belle

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 10:26 PM
ProCrsh
1st Gear Member

Default Whipple Vs. Kenne Belle

ive been reading up for the past few weeks on superchargers and ive narrowed it down to the Whipple W140ax and the Kenne Bell 2.4 Twin Screw
they make close to teh same power and cost around the same. so now im asking if anyone has an opinion on either
one it will be greatly appericated. thank you

Vinny
Old 06-12-2006, 03:30 AM
Bob D.
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Whipple Vs. Kenne Belle

Good question, I think lots of folks are weighing the same or similar decisions. (My own "short list" also includes the Saleen blower, which I think is among the "safer" choices.)
Old 06-12-2006, 08:40 AM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

Hard to compare what doesn't exist except in Belle's ads..
Old 06-12-2006, 10:20 AM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

The whipple is not out yet....and they have been claiming it will be out but nothing yet....

Kenne belle puts out allot power but you may need to build you bottom end. If 400rwhp is ok for you then I would go with the saleen s/c

Kenne belle and Saleen are both twin screw type

another option is the vortech
Old 06-12-2006, 12:01 PM
flattop

The Kenne Bell at 5psi should be as safe as the Saleen on stock internals. The beauty of the KB is that if you decide to upgrade your lower end later it will also be easily upgraded to suit your needs.

So KB vs Whipple? Depends on how long you want to wait. Screw type is screw type. Performance difference will be minimal on the same psi boost.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:12 PM
ProCrsh
1st Gear Member

thank you for ur replys im gonna hold out for a little to see what numbers the whipple puts down. i got lastest issue of fast fords and they did a suipercharger slug out between kenne bell and procharger. the kenne bell at 10psi put 504rwhp 462rwtq and teh procharger at 11psi put 490rwhp 450rwtq so its close. both cars had all stock internals the procharger car had 39lb injectors that was teh only block mod. soo maybe this block can handle 10psi 11psi max or close to max. thank you again

Vinny
Old 06-12-2006, 02:57 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

I read the same article,dont feel to comfortable with these blocks handleing 500rwhp, remember those guys dont care if it blows they will rebuild, plus those were agressive tunes something they might not run everyday, I think they just ran that for that article
Old 06-12-2006, 04:14 PM
ProCrsh
1st Gear Member

could very well be im still gonna look into it. im leaning toward the kb becuase of their name and rep they hold. but any opinions i will greatly appericate. thank you

Vinny
Old 06-12-2006, 04:33 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

This has been discussed in an earlier thread, but I can't find it.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about what the HP ratings of the different Supercharger kits are. The reason is becasue all of the "screw" type Blowers are basically the same. They are all twin-screw units with displacements of about 2.4 L. This goes for the Whipple, Kenne Bell, and Saleen.

Therefore, they should all be capable of the same power. If one kit makes more HP than another, it is just becasue that kit is set up for a different tune or boost level out of the box. But, all three can be tuned, and all three are boost-adjustable (by changing pullies).

If you want, you could install a KB and "down tune it" for safety. Or, you could bolt on the Saleen, put a smaller pulley on it, and go for the big HP numbers. It really doesn't matter which one.

I would make my choice based on the price of the kit, features (such as intercooler, etc.), warranty, level of support, and so forth.

HP figures mean very little. You can buy any of those blowers and by means of tuning and pulley changes, fit the boost and HP level to what YOU want.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Tmack
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flattop

The Kenne Bell at 5psi should be as safe as the Saleen on stock internals. The beauty of the KB is that if you decide to upgrade your lower end later it will also be easily upgraded to suit your needs.

So KB vs Whipple? Depends on how long you want to wait. Screw type is screw type. Performance difference will be minimal on the same psi boost.
I wouldn't say that the Saleen blower can't be upgraded like the KB or Whipple. The 2007 Saleen Extreme will be producing somewhere around 600hp @ the crank. With forged internals, smaller pulley and a tune, the Saleen blower will produce 600+. If you are looking for more HP than that, you might want to rethink the car you're driving.

Quick Reply: Whipple Vs. Kenne Belle