Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

install cost on guages & short throw?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 10:56 AM
paco_pony
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: install cost on guages & short throw?

Scooter80, Yup pretty sure it's broken. Cuz when I first got it it would show aboout 10 psi vacuum at idle and then somewhere around 5-6 psi boost near redline (Lone star said it was supposed to be around 9 psi boost with pulley swap so not sure what's up with that).

Now the needle just sits there on 0. No vacuum at idle, no boost under throttle, no nothing.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:40 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Gauge might have lost power? Just a thought for something to look at.

Sorry about all the BS man. If I could advise everyone in the metroplex before they went ANYWHERE I certainly would.
The boys in Lewisville will be able to get ya right with the world. Just beware of the race schedule because they do attend events. So there will be some weekends that no one will be around because Manny will have that 1100rwhp Slobra of his flying down a track somewhere.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:56 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paco_pony

Scooter80, Yup pretty sure it's broken. Cuz when I first got it it would show aboout 10 psi vacuum at idle and then somewhere around 5-6 psi boost near redline (Lone star said it was supposed to be around 9 psi boost with pulley swap so not sure what's up with that).

Now the needle just sits there on 0. No vacuum at idle, no boost under throttle, no nothing.
I would not drive you car at all till its tuned and fixed properly..........Also with that kind of rwhp your better have some forged internals.........From the sound of it the shop who did there work sounds unreliable.

I would not drive untill I had some look at it. You could risk engine damage.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:26 PM
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paco_pony

Anybody got an estimate on the dollars or hours (for a prof mechanic) to install a two gauge pod with a/f and boost?

How bout dollars or hours on a hurst shifter?

thanks

wow sorry to hear about all the probs. The gauge install prices are pretty hefty anywhere you gi, because it does get a little tediuos and you have to run a crap load of wiring and so forth. Most shops I've heard about charge anywhere from 200-300 for installs of the gauges ( my shop wanted somewhere around that for my 3 gauge install ) I just had them install the senders and then I ran all the wiring and vacuum line and ran all electric ( including setting gauges to my dimmer ). It took me about 3 and half hours taking my time and being anally neat about it.

Hope things work out with your tune man ... It;s hard finding a great shop - I know. I am so happy I found a place by me... can't imagine what I'd do otherwise.... Good Luck and I wouldn't go running the rpms too high until you get the tune worked out