Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FFW Richmond - Ultra Stang Class - Open Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 07:01 PM
ShadowMaster

Default FFW Richmond - Ultra Stang Class - Open Challenge

Here it is...an open challenge to all you 2005/2006 Mustang owners. V6 and V8....stick or automatic. The Ultra Stang class sponsored by Ford Racing Performance Parts and RPM Outlet is strictly for you. Open Comp format with a $1000 to win payout!

I've got three wins at four races and I'm betting none of you on the east coast can stop me from getting win number four. Hell....I'd be four for four if I hadn't gotten sicker than a dog down in Louisiana (you really need to watch what you eat down there ).

It's a really simple, entry level class so get your butts out of the grandstands.....get the car out of the car show......come out of True Street (which is a phenominal waste of time anyway)....bring the car to race instead of leaving it in the parking lot. It's a Mustang...it's meant to be raced and enjoyed.

So there it is. Come getcha' sum. See if any of you can stop me from taking an even bigger lead in the points and winning the first U/S World Championship.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:16 PM
kcary
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: FFW Richmond - Ultra Stang Class - Open Challenge

This in Richmond VA? If so when is it? Don't really plan on racing in it seeing as my stang is stock aside from the nav system, but sounds like it would be fun to go to.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:19 PM
ShadowMaster

Doesn't matter if it's stock. This is an Open Comp format. Similar to a bracket race where the slower car gets the head start. Unlike a bracket race, however, this one uses a 5 tenths Pro Tree and your index is established off of your qualifying times. Say your quickest run in qualifying is a 14.10. FFW will deduct a tenth of a second and your index for eliminations will be a 14.00. Simple and easy. It was designed for entry level racers and street cars. Sign up for your FFW membership, pay your entry fee and come race. Lot more fun than sitting in the stands watching. Plus.....did I mention it pays $1000 to win?

Richmond, Virginia. June 23, 24, 25.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:25 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

This is a dumb question, but why have sponsors when you drive a V6 rental car as your race car?
Old 06-16-2006, 07:28 PM
ShadowMaster

Not dumb at all. It's a matter of exposure. The car is in the finals (a lot) and gets it's photo in the magazines and websites. People see the names on the car and the web links on my posts. Just a matter of exposure. Plus....they help pay for things when I need it.