Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Powerdyne kit

Old 01-13-2007, 01:30 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Powerdyne kit

R&E Racing in Lancaster, Ca is elling them for $2950 - that's where i'm getting mine from. It says $3400 on their site, but just ask for Dave - he quoted me the price.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Ruffnuts
2nd Gear Member

I spoke with a tech at powerdyne to see about future upgrades and we talked for about an hour or so, he told me it is upgradeable but only by 2psi or and that is with a pully that they don't have yet for sale,said its still in RnD and that you can run an intercooler but for this type of blower and power output would be minimal gain. I do have a doner procharger aftercooler that I am going to fabricate some hardware for and try it out to see.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:03 PM
bonedaddyjr06
1st Gear Member

so i mean all in all should i go with this kit or save up another grand or so and get a procharger/vortex,paxton?
Old 01-13-2007, 04:57 PM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

Geez, what is it with the 05+ guys and powerdynes?

Powerdynes are complete garbage. And don't worry about tapping the oil pan, it takes 40 minutes.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Ruffnuts
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mikev08826

Powerdynes are complete garbage. And don't worry about tapping the oil pan, it takes 40 minutes.
I would like to see some proof please since I bought one and if you can prove it I will return it and get my cash back. Oh wait this was your opinion, Ahh I see.. Kinda like me saying all pre 05+ 4.6 n/a motors are boat anchors and even with power adders my n/a stang burries em on the street and track.. Ahh now i see how this works.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: Ruffnuts

I would like to see some proof please since I bought one and if you can prove it I will return it and get my cash back. Oh wait this was your opinion, Ahh I see.. Kinda like me saying all pre 05+ 4.6 n/a motors are boat anchors and even with power adders my n/a stang burries em on the street and track.. Ahh now i see how this works.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Brilliant!
Old 01-13-2007, 05:27 PM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Ruffnuts

hey man, i'm not trying to offend anyone, just trying to save them from future headaches.

I've never owned a powerdyne or known anyone to own a powerdyne, there's got to be a reason for that.

I've heard people explain, "These are the reasons I went with a vortech." "These are the reasons I went with a pro charger." "These are the reasons I went with a Kenne Bell." I've never heard anyone list ANY reasons for getting a powerdyne.

Here's a powerdyne with 6,000 miles on it. I guess it blew at 5800 rpm shifting into second. Never seen track time. I guess it needs new bearings and a new belt, which isn't TOO difficult of a fix depending on your mechanical apptitude, but there is some bearing that is tough to get out.

Old 01-13-2007, 05:38 PM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

This seems like a pretty good deal. I picked up my 42# injectors, maf, and fuel pump on ebay for about $450.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...spagenameZWDVW
Old 01-13-2007, 07:11 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

a intercooler or aftercooler isn't an option, but you can go with a methanol/water injection system, which is cheaper anyway. The downside is paying to refill it with the methanol all the time. Powerdyne's also run cooler thatn the Vortech/Paxton's because they are internally belt driven. They're not a big horsepower blower. They are plenty enought though and stay below the dangerous 450+ zone.

What cracks me up is how everybody thinks you HAVE to have an intercooler. They only became a big deal in the last few years with the higher boost levels. Everybody ran Vortechs and Paxtons for years without intercoolers with no problems. At 6-8psi and a good tune you shouldn't have issues.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Ruffnuts
2nd Gear Member

I just did alot of internet checking on powerdyne and read alot from other car sites, chevy, dodge, ect.. And I have to say I am a bit nervous now although I havent seen anything on the new design I have read about older models and the horror stories. i also read some great things about them and some having over 50k and no issues ever. well we will see, if down the road i am unhappy I atleast will already have injectors, fuelpump, tuner, and an intercooler so it wont be a total waist. i also will be back in Iraq by the end of the year so if worse comes to worse i will just buy something else when I get back.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Powerdyne kit