Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Asked Dealer about CAI and Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 03:06 AM
bc

Default RE: Asked Dealer about CAI and Warranty

Yeah...I think I will get the phone book out and take a few hours to pay some visits to nearby dealers.
PS: I just read that long thread about that guy that had to fight for the alternator coverage over UDP's. So if I don't find a cooperative dealer nearby I guess I will be removing any mods anytime I vist the dealer.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:09 AM
Agleon
2nd Gear Member

Just tell them your car came with a CAI......... LOLz
Old 06-17-2006, 01:39 PM
05SonicBlue
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bc

ORIGINAL: 05SonicBlue
Takes about 10 minutes, max. I bought an extra MAF so that I have one permanently in the stock airbox and the other one permanently in the C&L intake. That way, when swapping intakes, I only have to undo the C clamp, disconnect the vac hose and MAF wire, and swap in the stock airbox and reflash to stock tune whenever I take it in for service.
Thanks for the answers. Here's another dumb question: What is a MAF? I assume it's a part that must go on either the CAI or stock air intake.

and...

So when you take it to the dealer they don't know you changed anything in the computer since you reflashed back to stock?

Thanks in advance...
MAF (Mass Air Flow) is an electronic sensor that must be installed in whatever intake you're using on the car. most people remove the MAF from the stock intake and put it in the aftermarket intake; there is a slot where the MAF goes, so it's obvious how to swap it out/install it, but you'll need a torx head screwdriver. i bought an extra MAF, so I have one in the stock intake and one in the C&L intake.

Dealer doesn't know that you've downloaded a custom tune as long as you reflash it back to stock b/f showing up at their doorstep.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:32 PM
bc

MAF (Mass Air Flow) is an electronic sensor that must be installed in whatever intake you're using on the car. most people remove the MAF from the stock intake and put it in the aftermarket intake; there is a slot where the MAF goes, so it's obvious how to swap it out/install it, but you'll need a torx head screwdriver. i bought an extra MAF, so I have one in the stock intake and one in the C&L intake.

Dealer doesn't know that you've downloaded a custom tune as long as you reflash it back to stock b/f showing up at their doorstep.
Thanks for the information.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:23 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bc

Takes about 10 minutes, max. I bought an extra MAF so that I have one permanently in the stock airbox and the other one permanently in the C&L intake. That way, when swapping intakes, I only have to undo the C clamp, disconnect the vac hose and MAF wire, and swap in the stock airbox and reflash to stock tune whenever I take it in for service.
Thanks for the answers. Here's another dumb question: What is a MAF? I assume it's a part that must go on either the CAI or stock air intake.

and...

So when you take it to the dealer they don't know you changed anything in the computer since you reflashed back to stock?

Thanks in advance...

I was told they can tell when you have change the tune even if you change it back to stock....guess I was wrong on that..........

Old 06-17-2006, 03:28 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Go read your other post, it has some info on the warranty, a moderator really should make a warranty sticky post because these threads come up ALLLLLLL the time.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Du510
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cableguymicah

I was told they can tell when you have change the tune even if you change it back to stock....guess I was wrong on that..........

There was a thread here that explained the dealer could only recognize the last time it was affected, which could easily be explained as a dead battery.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:44 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

Well i guess it doesnt matter to me ..I voided warrenty along time ago................
Old 06-17-2006, 06:00 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

When I asked service he told me to go with a K&N CAI because they will back you if there is ever a warranty issue. I didn't bring up that I added a tune..
Old 06-19-2006, 01:21 AM
dmacalak

Just another question, but although there is no tune required for the K&N is there one that is recommened to use to help with performance?

Quick Reply: Asked Dealer about CAI and Warranty