Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Well got the Car back today.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 12:49 AM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Well got the Car back today.....

I recently had my car at Precision Autosports(outside of Xenia, Oh). I dropped it off to have FRPP 4.10s installed along with a JLT 2 CAI and dyno tuned my car for the CAI. He also got rid of that horrid Drive by wire throttle delay and fixed the throttleblade closeing before redline deal. I am pretty happy with all the work performed, heck I even got to watch him tune the car today while i was there. I had read a little about what power these new mustangs made from the fact. but never got to see what they put down on the dyno bone stock. So we ran it a couple times for a baseline and it spit out 268.58WHP & 290.31WTQ stock except for 4.10s( I think they skew the numbers like 2-5whp less than what it would be with stock gearing, thats what i have heard/read dont quote me on that) and after a couple more pulls with the CAI installed and the tune done we where able to take it to 280.34WHP with a max torque of 293.93.

It was pretty neat to watch him(Jeff owner) tune it up and pull the car on the dyno. But as far as the buttdyno goes i cant really tell yet because im still wearin in the gears and i dont want rail it till they are properly broke in. The throttle response is quick no more lag and no more delay between shifts of the throttle too, throttle is instant as soon as press the gas pedal. And even just takin it easy i noticed the car wanted to go, it really liked it when the rpms rose. But i will try to post later when i have the gears properly worn in. Speaking of which the gears DO NOT whine . I know that is a problem for so shops to get right.

Id also like to thank RazorX for tellin about Jeff @ Precision Autosports

On a side note anyone lookin for a shop in midwest/southwest Ohio i would give him a look. Jeff was a great guy to work with. Heres a link to his shop...http://www.precision-autosports.com/
Old 06-20-2006, 01:26 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Well got the Car back today.....

I can't wait to get my gears installed!! This is probably the only thing I have planned this year I won't do myself. Just have to find a shop I can trust here. Sadly there are no dyno's within 150 miles of me and I don't even know where to find a good stangs shop in the east New Mexico west Texas area. All I have to go by is the ol buttdyno.