Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Can this be true?

Old 06-23-2006, 03:56 AM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Can this be true?

ORIGINAL: Fly

I agree the ad can be deceiving, I mean drag tires and another set of wheels isn't exactly cheap, so they should be noted. But given Brent's very good reputation and his track record with his customers, I seriously doubt he's intentionally trying to mislead anyone.

Nothing personal to either of you.. but really..??? so everyone that sees that add knows that..?? get my point..??? I think Brent should put a little small print in there.. IMO.. I would.. I know it is business.. but come on..

JMO

Rex
Old 06-23-2006, 01:26 PM
ski
4th Gear Member

I would like to see Brent's reply regarding why the slicks were left out of the ad. They're a huge part of the E.T. equation.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Fly
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rex7010

ORIGINAL: Fly

I agree the ad can be deceiving, I mean drag tires and another set of wheels isn't exactly cheap, so they should be noted. But given Brent's very good reputation and his track record with his customers, I seriously doubt he's intentionally trying to mislead anyone.

Nothing personal to either of you.. but really..??? so everyone that sees that add knows that..?? get my point..??? I think Brent should put a little small print in there.. IMO.. I would.. I know it is business.. but come on..

JMO

Rex
No offense taken at all man. I just don't think Brent had any ill intentions of misleading the lesser informed. In fact, when I was quizzing him in an email before I bought any tunes from him, he mentioned "with drag radials" in his response. I had figured that's what he was using to be able to run those times, but I realize there are some people that might not know these things. Sometimes it's hard to know where to draw the line between having a bunch of disclaimers, and giving people too much credit for what they should know. (ask McDonalds Corp) But as I mentioned before, yes I agree Brent's ad should mention the drag tires.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:51 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Unlike a lot of companies I do care what people think and take into consideration what people want. So I checked out the website to see how tires could be added to the add to make you all happy. What I found was this. That intake is listed in 3 areas. The first two areas of the site that actually sell the package do list ET streets in the add. The 3rd area that only sells the intake does not. So to some of your delight it will be an easy fix to have the 1 add that sells just the intake changed. The areas that are selling the package already say ET STREETS.

Again please remember we dont reply to all these threads. With a 5 day lead time on our tuning I cant justify spending time here. We want your cars to perform better and that is our goal. That is why we are here. Those of you who are current customers know that. I hope some of the info here will help all of you run better at the track.

Have a good weekend and thanks,

Old 06-23-2006, 08:11 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

Brent, don't forget drag slicks in your signature either. To get an 11.9 @ 113 I'm guessing they're not stock tires lol!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:04 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Hey guys. I will have the exact same set up as Brent says. Macs-06Gt- Cai with tune. I am awaiting the cai to arrive. Once installed I will be able to put this thing to rest once and for all because I will have the same set up. It should be either real close or really off.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:10 PM
06VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

I guess everyone thinks he should also add that he ran that at a certain track, certain elevation, powershifting, also the air was 60 degrees too. Maybe he should say he was running royal purple oil. Maybe he should include all that in the disclaimer about the products he sells.

My point is this not many have a problem with people advertising horsepower claims. I mean everyone kinda takes it for what it's worth as far as this part adds 20hp and this one adds 30hp. Everyone knows that there is always the variable from dyno to dyno with those claims, so no one gets all upset over companies claiming hp #'s. Why is everyone wanting to bash a truly honest vendor?
Old 06-25-2006, 07:29 PM
ski
4th Gear Member

Brent admitted his mistake regarding the missing slicks in the ad without making any lame excuses, which indicates to me that it was an honest one.[sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 06-25-2006, 08:39 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

So far I think Brent has represented himself well. He handled the criticism like a gentleman. I think that what he is saying is plausible with a very good driver, perfect track conditions, good tuning and alot of track time.

And most importantly, some type of slick.

Is it something that I would expect to achieve with that kit and slicks. Not really. But mainly because I dont really beat on my cars that bad at the track. I just dont think I would launch my car at 6K rpm with a sticky tire and expect the clutch to live very long.

But I have no doubt that what he did is duplicatible with the right conditions, enough effort and sacrifice of clutch life.

Like I said above. If stock, guys have ran 13.52, and with an intake and tune 13.2. That is launching at like 2500-3000 rpm or so on street 18" tires. Throw on some sticky tires and a very hard launch and shaving .34 seconds off the street tire time to get to 12.86 isnt too out of the ballpark.

At least IMO.