Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

0-60 in 4.9?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 0-60 in 4.9?

I thought I made it clear, that the reason I brought up the STI/EVO's 0-60 time was for
a point of reference.

Someone posted that a stock MGT could do 0-60 in as fast as 4.6 seconds.
I disagreed and as a point of reference, stated that that is the 0-60 time
of the STI and EVO and the 05/06 MGT won't accelerate to 60 as fast as
those two cars....therefore it's easy to see that no 05/06 stock MGT would
not accelerate to 60 in 4.6 seconds.

Again, simple point of reference.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:28 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I still call foul. The two cars are totally unrelated and share no common design style or similarities.

Saying a mustang cant hit 60 in 4.6 simply because an sti/evo can and supposidly is a "faster" car is meaningless. Lets stick to what real people have done with mustangs.

And you are right, I dont think a stock GT can hit 60 in 4.6 either. But I let white glove mags worry about differences that small.

And totally off topic, but considering that mitsu is damn near close to having to close down US operations due to sales dropping by close to 66% in the past 36 months. I say that they better start doing something for their brand image.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:39 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

I still call foul. The two cars are totally unrelated and share no common design style or similarities.

Saying a mustang cant hit 60 in 4.6 simply because an sti/evo can and supposidly is a "faster" car is meaningless. Lets stick to what real people have done with mustangs.

And you are right, I dont think a stock GT can hit 60 in 4.6 either. But I let white glove mags worry about differences that small.

And totally off topic, but considering that mitsu is damn near close to having to close down US operations due to sales dropping by close to 66% in the past 36 months. I say that they better start doing something for their brand image.

Well, again, I guess we agree to disagree. I don't know where people get the idea that just because two different cars
look different, have different drivetrains, are different colors, whatever, that you can't compare them. Why not?
People that are interested in performance cars, are interested in performance cars regardless of who makes them, what
size engine they have, and how many doors they have...period.
I love the Mustang GT, but love the STI/EVO for what they are too. Just the same as I like a Porsche compared to a Mercedes
Benz AMG.

And I agree, Mitsu is in trouble, that's why, if I was going to buy a STI or EVO (which I've seriously considered since
they are a BLAST to drive) I'd get the STI, since they are SO close in performance but Subaru isn't in danger of going belly up.

In any case, as I said, regardless of car "class" the comparison with the STI/EVO was simply for 0-60 numbers as
a frame of reference.