Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

R&R Reunion

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Gonzo71
1st Gear Member

Default R&R Reunion

5 and a wake up [sm=happy046.gif] If all goes as planned, I'll be home in a week and being picked up at the airport in my Mustang. She has been in the shop for the past few weeks getting some touch-ups:

Mirrors and window trim smoothed and color matched
CDC Ducktail Spoiler
CDC Classic Chin Spoiler
CDC Side Window Louvers
CDC Sequential Taillight Kit
Heritage 2-pc Grille
3D Chrome Taillight Bezels
Eibach Pro Kit
Cobalt Hood Struts
Steeda Brushed SS Radiator Support Cover
Steeda "9mm" Door Lock Pins & Valve Stem Caps

Next up: 18" Konig "Beyond" Wheels / GY Eagle F1 GS-D3, Lakewood Watt's Link and Adj. LCA's, Eibach Anti-Roll Kit, Cervini Ram Air Hood, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Baer Extreme Front Brake Kit, 5.4/4v with Whipple S/C....and anything else to make it faster than a Corvette!!!

I'll post pics as soon as I get home. I haven't seen her since March, but my friend says that she is definitely a head turner now. Anybody living in the Pensacola area, does the Mustang Club still meet in the BK parking lot on 9 Mile Rd on Saturday nights? If so, you will see her there.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:40 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default RE: R&R Reunion

Sounds great, I wanted the CDC ducktail but I don't want to shell out $400 to get the holes filled... When you get back you definately have to post up some pictures. I also live in FL, i've been away from my baby for a week and a half now and still have five more days before I get to see her again. You'll be surprised what the springs and chin will do for the appearance, also did you get your car with the spoiler delete because i'm still trying to figure a way to fill the holes without using plugs...

Jeff
Old 06-23-2006, 09:07 PM
Gonzo71
1st Gear Member

Default RE: R&R Reunion

Hey Nothsa,

Unfortunately, I did not have the spoiler delete option (price I had to pay to drive it off the lot the same day). The P&B shop installed the ducktail on a new trunk lid; my car is black, and he said that you would be able to see the imperfections where the holes were plugged quite easily with that color. $300 for the new trunk lid from Ford, so not too bad considering that you will save some in reduced labor rates and then you can sell the original parts on ebay. Now that my mirrors and window trim have been hand smoothed and color matched, I found aftermarket mirrors that I like more than the stock units [:@] Oh well, she is a work in progress. Just a warning about the "Heritage" grill kit (E&G Classics) that I purchased from Moss Mustang, he had to do minor mods to fit the upper section and damn near refab the lower grille to make it fit right. The manufacturer says that it is a one hour DIY job / direct fit, but it took a professional 4 hours to install mine [:@][:@] Total labor costs, including two coats of Bulldog and paint on all of the CDC pieces and mirrors + 3 small areas of paint repair (road damage) = $1500. After I had the springs installed (additional $200 at another shop), I read an article in Modified Mustangs concerning S197 lowering issues, so I am going to replace the stock, non-adjustable panhard bar with a Lakewod Watt's Link. The engine is still stock, because I am still drooling over the idea of installing a 5.4 w/ Whipple S/C.

Just a couple of questions for you:
How do you like the Eibach Alignment kit?
How about the Hurst shifter? I am considering the Hurst unit because I like the classic look of the chrome shift lever and the white Hurst shift ball.

ttyl,

Bill