Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

A little more hp

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 03:06 PM
DeFacto300

Default A little more hp

hey i just bought a granatelli throttle body (22 mid hp, 11hp high end). im excited casue i only 4 more mods until i save up for s/c.
heres the question. i noticed that t/b spacers add ten hp. For $80 and 15min install i think that is worth it. I was just wondering if i could use a spacer with th GMS throttle body. and if i could use these mods with the saleen s/c. If know one knows then just tell me what you think. i could always send it back if it doesnt fit but i wouldnt want to
Old 06-25-2006, 03:10 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: A little more hp

I think you've wasted your money on BOTH parts.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:12 PM
DeFacto300

i think 30hp is good for $450
Old 06-25-2006, 03:14 PM
DeFacto300

Why? i havnt bought the spacer but come on 22hp isnt a waste of money. and 10 hp with a spacer for $80. and the throttle body was the same price as the C&L CAI. OH and you cant expect the same hp numbers for every install. im just looking for at least 15 hp and i think that is worth it
Old 06-25-2006, 03:21 PM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DeFacto300

hey i just bought a granatelli throttle body (22 mid hp, 11hp high end). im excited casue i only 4 more mods until i save up for s/c.
heres the question. i noticed that t/b spacers add ten hp. For $80 and 15min install i think that is worth it. I was just wondering if i could use a spacer with th GMS throttle body. and if i could use these mods with the saleen s/c. If know one knows then just tell me what you think. i could always send it back if it doesnt fit but i wouldnt want to
Have u had any trouble since installin the GMS TB, I thought about adding it to my list of things to buy but eveyone says its hard to get them to work right. Just wondering if experience anything like that?
Old 06-25-2006, 03:22 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I tell you what. Post dyno numbers before and after the install. If you get 30hp I'll take back what I said. I have NEVER heard of ANYONE getting the numbers you posted with those mods. In fact, do a search re: TB's and Spacers. What you'll find is only problems and/or no HP gains. Most others here will tell you the same thing. Hear me now, believe me later.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:28 PM
DeFacto300

well i havent recieved them. but i can tell you probably tell you why... most work good with a tune and the only ones that dont need a tune only ad 10 hp and that def. is not worth it. Im going to go for it. Im going to get my car dyno tuned so Im sure it will work fine. im not worried about it. i dont think its as big of a waste as UDP. I got my motoblue UDP for free with my C&L CAI. So right there i saved my self about $250. But yeah if i get anywhere close to 22hp i think its worth it. (there's a forum on t/b's somewhere and its half n half) it said you have to be carefull with the springs or it wont put out what it is supposed to.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:55 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Went the T/B route. What a hassle for 2 extra (dynotuned) H/P and a bunch of eventual headaches. Let me know when you start going into Failsafe mode. May want to keep your factory T/B in the trunk with some tools.[:'(]

Edit: If I added up all the claimed gains per item, I should be at a bazzillion h/p by now.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:17 PM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: DeFacto300

I had a 62mm TB on my car before the Saleen SC. All I noticed from it was that it did help the throttle lag. It did throw a CEL just as I entered the apron of Texas Motor Speedway for my 3 laps I paid $25 to run!!!

This TB I had from Joeblowracing DOES NOT fit my Saleen. I have the stock TB on there now. It might fit with a spacer, but I don't know as I am going to put my TB on ebay and sell it.

I would be real careful buying an aftermarket TB to use with the Saleen SC as to what fits and what doesn't. You won't need it anyway with the Saleen!

Hope this helps.

Mike
Old 06-25-2006, 06:36 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

TB spacers are pretty much useless and you will not get any HP from them, they make great paper weights though.. I have seen a few articles on the GMS TB and it does look promising but i have not seen anyone put one on as of yet. I wish they made it in Red Anodized.

Richard