Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

quality exhaust sound

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 04:36 PM
peteypete

Default quality exhaust sound

Ok, so I already know this might be an entirely opinionated post, but what axlebacks ( given that price is not factored) would enhance the exhaust note of the MGT without sacrificing the quality sound that is already produced with factory components?
Old 06-25-2006, 04:54 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: quality exhaust sound

what do you mean by "enhance"? Deeper, higher, louder, smoother? what?
Old 06-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Mach
3rd Gear Member

I have the bassani axelbacks and they are amazing. They have a nice deeper sound without being too loud and rough. Ill try and get a clip up soon to hear.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:59 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

SLP LM's sound great IMO, I got them and love them. I have also heard some other peoples Flowmasters and they sound pretty good too but Im not sure if they had other exhaust mods or not. If you want a similiar sound to stock but a little deeper and ALOT louder, I would definately suggest LMs. The flowmasters seem to be quieter and a little bit higher pitched than the LM's but not too raspy. It really depends on what kind of sound you like. As for Mac's I havent heard any on the new Mustangs but a friend of mine has them on his 02 and they sound nice. You can always go to this site and listen to the clips, it has a huge selection. MustangExhaust.com
Good luck!
Old 06-25-2006, 06:25 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Borla Stingers, Magnaflow, Corsa all great sounding mufflers for the axle back setup.

If i am not mistaken the SLP LM are merely long tips and no mufflers so to me that will not have a good clean sound but more of a harsh raspy sound. I have not heard them other than in a vid and i think they are not a good sound. Not bagging on them or anyone that has them. just not my taste in what a good exhaust sound like. Then again i also cannot stand Flowmasters.

Richard
Old 06-25-2006, 06:25 PM
peteypete

I like the overall sound of the stock exhaust, maybe Im just looking for something louder without being raspy, or uneven, something along those lines...
Old 06-25-2006, 06:38 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Same thoughts here. I personally love the tone of the stock exhaust. It has great charactor and burble. I just want it louder. But I hate resonation. And the chances of me changing any other exhaust parts other than the axelbacks is very slim.

So far someone has told be SLP will acomplish this. And I also hear corsa is very nice.

I am used to loud musclecars. Love them. But the both we have put alot of the sound out the back of the car. With the windows shut, nice and quiet. Open you hear the pipes. Just cant stand drone mainly.

Old 06-25-2006, 06:38 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: peteypete

I like the overall sound of the stock exhaust, maybe Im just looking for something louder without being raspy, or uneven, something along those lines...
Then i would suggest the regular Oval Borla Axle Back Mufflers. Should be just what your looking for.

DO NOT get the Stingers though they are loud. But they sound good. But based on what your saying you will not want them.

Richard
Old 06-25-2006, 07:23 PM
gkosin
2nd Gear Member

Exhaust sound is definitely a personal preference. I didn't make a decision until I heard all the different ones in person. I don't think sound clips can reproduce the actual sound or feel because lots of it is the bass you feel. I eventually went with Corsa's and love them and get compliments all the time and best of all NO Drone! I will post a link to a video I did while I was installing them. I had someone who has Bassani on their car and is considering switching because he liked the sound better.
Greg

http://media.putfile.com/Corsa-Exhaust-70
Old 06-25-2006, 09:58 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Here are some links to Flowmaster, Borla and Corsa sound.
http://media.putfile.com/Borla-Vs-Flowmaster
http://media.putfile.com/Corsa-Exhaust-70

Quick Reply: quality exhaust sound