Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Which Borlas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 06:24 PM
romadant10

Default RE: Which Borlas?

I ended up ordering the Stingers, "aggressive", and should have them in a few days. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR HER!!!

Here's the response I received from Borla in an email: (Pretty much the same thing I've heard here, so I guess the forums are right!)

Thank you for contacting BORLA PERFORMANCE. The none aggressive system is going to be just a little bit louder than stock. Since I have been here I have not heard of any complaints about drone with this system. The aggressive system is going to be a much larger difference in sound over the stock system. Some people say there is some drone with this system at certain speeds and other people don’t hear any at all. It is going to be mainly up to the driver of the vehicle to be the one to say its to loud or I can’t hear any drone. If you have additional questions regarding Borla exhaust check out our web site www.Borla.com you may contact me Direct anytime Mon-Fri 8:30-5:00 PST with questions or concerns regarding our products.

Just FYI. Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:09 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

I just got my GT and I'm looking to exhuast my self. MOst likly borlas. Dont mine me by asking this (Im new to this) but what do you guys mean by drone? and does anyone have a video of exhuast?
Old 06-29-2006, 02:36 AM
fesig

romadant10,

Where did you end up buying your Borlas?
Old 06-29-2006, 02:37 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: johnnyv8

I just got my GT and I'm looking to exhuast my self. MOst likly borlas. Dont mine me by asking this (Im new to this) but what do you guys mean by drone? and does anyone have a video of exhuast?
Page 2...

and

For next time...
Old 06-29-2006, 01:20 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HypromanGT

ORIGINAL: johnnyv8

Page 2...

and

For next time...
Well i can say i have tired the search feature many many times and i can never find anything with it. Every once in awhiel it gives me something but not often.

Richard
Old 06-30-2006, 03:44 PM
romadant10

fesig,

I ordered mine from a local shop in Hayward, CA called Speed Warehouse. It was actually a huge pain in the a$$. I called to get a price from them because I was planning on having them shipped from John Bleakley, but figured I'd try Speed Warehouse since they were local. They quoted me $329 + tax, and since they're only about 10 minutes from my office I went ahead and ordered them. Then they called back 2 days later trying to tell me that they quoted me the wrong price and they'd need to charge me $419 + tax. After arguing with about 5 different people they finally agreed to honor the price, but I wouldn't buy from them again.

Just had to vent a little... It seems like John Bleakley may have the best offer going.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:25 PM
GT JIM
1st Gear Member

STINGERS STINGERS STINGERS! They sound MEAN and clean! Deep throaty sound! Not to much drone
Old 07-16-2006, 03:07 AM
Black2007
1st Gear Member

The drone refered to about the Borlas is from reflected sound that at specific RPMs tends to create a resonance that is annoying..the supposedly is found in lower RPM range...I will let you know after tomorrow...I am putting my Borla/FRPP axleback set on new 07.

Old 07-16-2006, 04:49 AM
zjdoran7
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Newbreedgt05

I got the Ford racing stingers. Identical to the Borlas, cause they are made by Borla for Ford except the muffler says Ford Racing on it instead. I got them from the John Bleakley Ford site for only $330! They were the cheapest when I ordered them.
Hey can I get a link to order these? and can I get a x-pipe from them also? thanks.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:13 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

Borla does not sell an X pipe by itself. If you order their long tube headers part # 17237 comes with an X pipe. For a nice X pipe alone I'd go with a Bassani. PM me for the cheapest source. You'll have to have the exhaust system cut just after the cats to fit it on but your car will stay emissions legal and should remain under warranty. The Bassani piece will slide right over the cut portions on both sides and mate up with the over axle pipes in the rear just after the existing H pipe that would be removed. There are literally dozens of alternative set ups I'd rather not get into here since they've already been covered just as many times.

Quick Reply: Which Borlas?