Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

H-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 12:02 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Default RE: H-pipe

ORIGINAL: blowngt

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Without cats>with cats. Without cats more horsepower. With them less. Straight from the horses mouth.
Please explain to me what statistical facts or dyno charts you have to support your THEORY of losing cats = more HP. It is BS plain and simple. I challenge anyone to take a stock GT and put it on a dyno with cats, and then put it on the dyno without the cats and see a HP increase. (good luck)
agreed.. I would like to see that too.. from my understanding tq will go down dont know how much hp will be lost.. whos going to test it?
Old 06-29-2006, 09:07 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

This is what Brenspeed tells me. Maybe he can prove it. WWW.Brenspeed.com tech@Brenspeed.com
ORIGINAL: lostsoul

Without cats>with cats. Without cats more horsepower. With them less. Straight from the horses mouth.
Please explain to me what statistical facts or dyno charts you have to support your THEORY of losing cats = more HP. It is BS plain and simple. I challenge anyone to take a stock GT and put it on a dyno with cats, and then put it on the dyno without the cats and see a HP increase. (good luck)
agreed.. I would like to see that too.. from my understanding tq will go down dont know how much hp will be lost.. whos going to test it?
Old 06-29-2006, 09:25 AM
ScreamingYellow
2nd Gear Member

After I purchased my O/R H Pipe from Brenspeed I asked him about the H pipe making more power (website says 8whp @ 5000 rpms and 10lbs of trq and that this was done by an independent company comparing it to the stock catted H pipe):

Me:
I just recently bought the pypes o/r mid pipe from you, and wanted to
know about the testing you did on it. What other modifications were
done to the Mustang when you tested this part? Did it have the stock
Mufflers on? Did it have UDP's? Was it supercharged? Just wondering
if you all think it is better, power wise, to leave my LoudMouths on
or put stock Muffler's back on with this mid pipe. I have C&L intake
and 93 Octane tune as my other mods. Also, should I retune after this
installation?

Brent:
The car had Mac mufflers and the C&L intake and tune. That's it.

You will for sure make more power with the stock mufflers and the off road H
pipe.

We do give free tunes with the H pipe if you have our xcal2.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:25 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

I dont have dyno charts but when i run with my high flow cats i am .1-.2 slower than when i run the offroad pipes. Thats good enough reason for me.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:30 PM
blowngt
I ♥ Acer

How in the world does that even matter to the conversation? The statement was - REMOVING YOUR CATS MAKES MORE HP. It is BS any way you slice it.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:42 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

If all my 60fts are within .05 of eachother, and i cant mess up shifting, track conditions are very consistent lately. My car runs slower with the cats. So my car makes no more power with them off and just decides to run faster when there not on? The car obviously must make more Ive been drag racing for years, and im at the track twice a week year round. I wish other days my car would just decide to give me more power. How else would you explain it?