Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BAD@SS '06 GT COMBO?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 03:17 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Default RE: BAD@SS '06 GT COMBO?

[quote]ORIGINAL: jaiasmit

Sorry to say Timmay, but not reflash needed. That is why I went with the WMS. It doesn't alter the A/F ratio at all. If you read the WMS site on it, they give you the details. Here's the link.

I stand corrected. I thought I read in WMS ad that you needed a re-tune. Thanks for clearing that up then.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:44 AM
MODGT

i like the hood you selected and think it would work fine if you got the functional one. but i think your supercharger would breathe much better with a pair of longtubes on it instead of those shorties you are looking at
Old 07-02-2006, 11:06 AM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Timmay for taking the correction like a champ. Some people of these boards tend to get an attitude. I'm glad I could provide a little more info. There's not a whole lot I know about these new mustangs, so I'm just glad that I can provide a little bit of info back to this great community.

And, I'm going to have to go with MODGT on the longtubes also. From everything I read, you won't get any (or at most minimal) performance improvement from shorty headers. However, going with longtubes you'd be looking at about 30 rwhp gained along with the massively improved exhaust note. I know a lot of people in hear recommend the Dynatech LTs. I know MusicCityGT has them on his, and definitely recommends them.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:27 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

If I go with the L/Ts, doesnt that require me to purchase the H or X pipe as well? Might as well go for the all or nothing route with this one I suppose. Either change out the entire exhaust or simply leave it stock.......

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 07-02-2006, 01:54 PM
peteypete

I was wondering the same thing...

ORIGINAL: cryptic26djp

If I go with the L/Ts, doesnt that require me to purchase the H or X pipe as well? Might as well go for the all or nothing route with this one I suppose. Either change out the entire exhaust or simply leave it stock.......

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 07-02-2006, 03:02 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

The Dynatech package comes with an X-pipe. It's expensive, but it comes complete with everything you need including the O2 extenders. The best price I've seen so far is $1295 for the package. Anybody got any better prices?
Old 07-03-2006, 02:25 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

thanks for the replay jaiasmith; i just have a few more questions for you. Did you have your ford dealer put it in or did you do it ur self? and do you know if that ram air void are warr?

thanks again.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:21 PM
GhostPony
2nd Gear Member

Oh by the way the Mystery8 hood will not work with the Mustang GT front facia. You need to buy the hood and front facia for it to fit on the car.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:14 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: johnnyv8

thanks for the replay jaiasmith; i just have a few more questions for you. Did you have your ford dealer put it in or did you do it ur self? and do you know if that ram air void are warr?

thanks again.
I did the install of the ram air intake myself. It took me about 4 hours, but I could do it again in about an hour. I made sure to take my time, and read the instructions very closely so that I got everything right.

As far as the warranty, that's a largely debated topic with all aftermarket merchandise. It's really up to the dealer you work with. If you do a search for Magnuson Moss on this board you will find tons of information on warranties and aftermarket products. The basics of the Magnuson Moss act are that simply installing a 3rd party aftermarket component cannot automatically void the factory warranty. The dealer must be able to show that the aftermarket component was the cause of the problem before they can void the warranty claim, and then they can only refuse to cover warranty work on the parts that are affected by the aftermarket component. However, you will also find some dealers that are not willing to work with you on aftermarket components even though you do have some level of protection with this act. If you run into one, you should look for another dealer. I am definitely not an expert on this issue, so you're best off to do a little more research. There is a lot of information already available on this forum.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:41 PM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Yep, thats why I said "Mystery 8 Hood/Nose". They will not be available until mid/late summer also.

Quick Reply: BAD@SS '06 GT COMBO?