Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SCT end user options

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 03:43 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Default SCT end user options

I have the SCT X-CAL2 and tunes from EVO. I satisfied but has anyone toyed with the end user options? What do all the different parameters mean and how can they help me. One thing I did notice is that you can change the max "dry RPM" setting. Does this mean you can set the max rpms for a launch? Whats the science?
Old 07-02-2006, 05:30 AM
olym4gery
1st Gear Member

Default RE: SCT end user options

I think it's "DRV RPM"
Old 07-02-2006, 10:24 AM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Timmay!!!

I have the SCT X-CAL2 and tunes from EVO. I satisfied but has anyone toyed with the end user options? What do all the different parameters mean and how can they help me. One thing I did notice is that you can change the max "dry RPM" setting. Does this mean you can set the max rpms for a launch? Whats the science?

If your neutral idle rpm and/or drive idle rpm are too high you can use the SCT to lower them. These user selectable and adjustable features are programmed into the SCT by your SCT dealer, in this case Fred at Evo.

I had to adjust both settings downward by 200 rpm (cant remember) when I installed my tune.

Fred has a tune that he calls his insane drag tune. If your going to be running the car at the strip you may want to ask about that one. He told me you cant (or shouldnt) run this tune on the street.

Old 07-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

When I move back to STL or somewhere with decent gas I might call him about his Xtreme93 octane tune. I did get to run the 93 tune and my buttometer loved it but I haven't been able to locate a dyno in my area to really see where my money went. My Idle rpm is fine, but what about any other options such as spark adjustment? What does this do for me. I imagine it has to do with timing, right?
Old 07-02-2006, 05:29 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

When I move back to STL or somewhere with decent gas I might call him about his Xtreme93 octane tune. I did get to run the 93 tune and my buttometer loved it but I haven't been able to locate a dyno in my area to really see where my money went. My Idle rpm is fine, but what about any other options such as spark adjustment? What does this do for me. I imagine it has to do with timing, right?
I personally wouldnt mess with any of the settings that Fred has allowed. He knows what he's doing. Now, what you could do is put the car on a dyno, get a file of the pull and email it to Fred. I would imagine, if Fred sees room for impovement he will rewrite a new tune for you or advise you on which attributes in your SCT hand held to adjust and where to set them.

Fred a pretty busy guy. Emails will probably go unanswered. It would be best to call.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:31 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Just wondering what you guys' cars idle at? Mine idles at about 750 rpm while in drive and about 1k in park or neutral... for some reason that didnt seem right but maybe Im imagining it.. also how low of idle rpm can you go without... idk.. stalling it or damaging it.. what would happen if you lowered it too much?
Old 07-02-2006, 05:45 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Just wondering what you guys' cars idle at? Mine idles at about 750 rpm while in drive and about 1k in park or neutral... for some reason that didnt seem right but maybe Im imagining it.. also how low of idle rpm can you go without... idk.. stalling it or damaging it.. what would happen if you lowered it too much?
I had the same thing happen to me. I set the drive RPM and neutral RPM to 800 RPM. Its easy to change.

Old 07-02-2006, 06:19 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

That's how mine is to and would like to lower about 200 also. I use his 93 tune.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:17 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

I raised the spark up by 1 unit at every RPM range and it make a pretty nice power gain
Old 07-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT John

I personally wouldnt mess with any of the settings that Fred has allowed. He knows what he's doing. Now, what you could do is put the car on a dyno, get a file of the pull and email it to Fred. I would imagine, if Fred sees room for impovement he will rewrite a new tune for you or advise you on which attributes in your SCT hand held to adjust and where to set them.

Fred a pretty busy guy. Emails will probably go unanswered. It would be best to call.
How exactly do you pull a file and email it. Will I need a USB cable? And if so is it a specific SCT cable? Where can I get it?