Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

flowmasters

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Red_Stallion
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: flowmasters

I love my flowmasters...even though some people gawk at the brand choice, I think that the price was wonderful and the sound is exactly what I wanted.....louder and throatier than stock, but not stupid loud and obnoxious. Install was snap, had to bend the driver's side a bit, but apparently to get the tip to be centered, but apparently that is a factory inconsistency and a minor issue. Tips look awesome too.

All depends what you want, but I have no problem reccommending the flowmasters.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:55 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

Definately louder than stock, but not enough to rattle the neighbors windows......
Let me know if you want a video....

Mike

lol yea man id love to see a video.

is it like loud enough that you can tell from a distance? like if im standing 30 feet away, and its idling or at 2-3K rpm, could i hear it well?

if i buy an exhaust, i wanna hear it. especially inside the car.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:15 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

AmMuscle,
Here ya go. I affectionately call this the "pony tail cam" starts a bit slow, but stick with it.....

Mike

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...onytailcam.flv
Old 07-04-2006, 04:07 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

That exhaust sounds really nice. I have the Borla S-type mufflers. My main issue with Flowmaster is the fact that they use aluminumized steel which will eventually rust out. Borla uses T-304 stainless steel which will never rust out. If you keep your car a long time, eventually you will have to buy another set. This is the main reason I went with Borla.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:24 PM
ncspack
1st Gear Member

I have the American Thunder mufflers from Flowmaster and I'm pleased with the sound. It's not the "loud" rumble that I wanted, but it's clean, limited drone and the tips look great. I'm actually going to get a set of straight pipes made to slide on my exhuast pipes with a set of 4" tips welded on. I've taken my mufflers off and drove around town without them and it's the EXACT sound that I was looking for. I would love to have the SLP Loudmouths, but I can't spend $315 on straight pipes. In my opinion, go straight pipes, and you can DEFINATELY hear them in your car without blowing your neighbors away.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:47 PM
bonedaddyjr06
1st Gear Member

so by straight pipes you mean just xpipes?
Old 07-05-2006, 12:19 AM
ncspack
1st Gear Member

by straight pipes I mean the stock "H" pipe without the mufflers. I've taken my American Thunder mufflers off today and will drive around for a few days to make sure I like the way it sounds before spending anymore money. I'm not going to change my "H" pipe, nor will I get rid of my "cats".
Old 07-05-2006, 03:03 PM
bonedaddyjr06
1st Gear Member

but without the mufflers what do you put it the exhaust cutouts in the rear bumper?
Old 07-05-2006, 08:54 PM
bonedaddyjr06
1st Gear Member

i just took off the stock mufflers and it's exactly the sound i wanted...ncspack
Old 07-05-2006, 10:02 PM
lost in kuwait

i got my flowmasters from summit shiped to kuwait for 285 have all ways liked them the only problem i have is the drive side one has broke a weld in side and the tips turned a brown color the sound is great i have an off road h pipe and they talk just right you should like the sound at 3000 they sound just right

Quick Reply: flowmasters