Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

help with dent?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 03:56 AM
sektowinsyou

Default help with dent?!

Long story short! I got a dent about a Quarter's size on the right back side of my car like a bit above where the tire is.. It happened when i put my old mufflers inside the trunk and made a semi-sharp turn on my way home. The muffler hit the inside wall and dented it to the outside. I didnt know there was little to no padding on the side walls in the trunk. Bastard ford!
Overall i cant blame any1 but myself..i havent dealt with a dent like this cuz its not dented in like most dents, its dented out! so it looks like an over grown zit but quarter size :* (
Its noticable and ugly. Whats the best way to fix the dent without having to spend a ton of money. Thanks!

MORAL of the story: Dont make sharp turns with anything pointy in ur trunk!
Old 07-03-2006, 04:10 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: help with dent?!

ORIGINAL: sektowinsyou

Long story short! I got a dent about a Quarter's size on the right back side of my car like a bit above where the tire is.. It happened when i put my old mufflers inside the trunk and made a semi-sharp turn on my way home. The muffler hit the inside wall and dented it to the outside. I didnt know there was little to no padding on the side walls in the trunk. Bastard ford!
Overall i cant blame any1 but myself..i havent dealt with a dent like this cuz its not dented in like most dents, its dented out! so it looks like an over grown zit but quarter size :* (
Its noticable and ugly. Whats the best way to fix the dent without having to spend a ton of money. Thanks!

MORAL of the story: Dont make sharp turns with anything pointy in ur trunk!
LOL, sorry thats just kinda funny... never heard of anything like that happening before. Sucks though, I would think the ideal thing to do would be to take to a body shop but obviously you want a cheaper method so here goes. If it was an inward regular dent, you could try one of those giant suction cups that you see on TV... the "Suck-A-Dent" or whatever it is, but not quite sure since its facing out... maybe get one and try it from the inside of the trunk??? Also if youre really brave, you could put lots of towels over it and try to pop it back in with a hammer... being gentle as possible obviously. Be aware though if you try that you could screw it up and then be forced to take it to a shop. Other than that I really dont know what to tell you dude, thats a really rare thing. Good luck and let us know what happens..... oo.. and we want pictures of your cars giant zit!
Old 07-03-2006, 04:17 AM
sektowinsyou

lol.. ill try an get some pics up soon.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:35 AM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

A friend of mine threw a jack into the back of his fox mustang and did the same thing going around a sharp corner. It was dented really bad though. When we tried to beat it back in I think we made it look worse. We were very young at the time though so we didnt know what we were doing.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:59 AM
sektowinsyou

lol, my friend made the suggestion of putting a towel over the dent and using a rubber mallet. im like "dude, lets try that on ur car first" he wouldnt do it =/

I dont think it'll work as well on an outward dent. heh
Old 07-03-2006, 10:21 AM
R3troGT
1st Gear Member

I had two small dents in my passenger door after I had the car for about three weeks. Somone must of put their door into it. Bastards [:@]
I took it to a dent removale place (Dent Doctor ) and they took them out. You can not tell they where ever there. Cost me $160 CDN. I don't think it matters that the dents is out instead off in. I am sure they can fix it.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:35 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

Call some different body shops for opinions. The rubber mallet with a towel is probably the correct answer. The paintless dent remover guys pop dents out. Call them, too. Get all the information you can BEFORE you try to fix it yourself.