Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2006 FORD RACING DRAG PACK -- PROBLEM!!!! SUDDEN CATASTROPHIC REAR END FAILURE

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 08:11 PM
XLeatherNeck
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 2006 FORD RACING DRAG PACK -- PROBLEM!!!! SUDDEN CATASTROPHIC REAR END FAILURE

You should take this up with the Ford Rep if the dealership tries to pull the wool over your eyes.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:37 PM
olym4gery
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 2006 FORD RACING DRAG PACK -- PROBLEM!!!! SUDDEN CATASTROPHIC REAR END FAILURE

It might help if you tell the dealership you are going to hold your breath until the gears are replaced.

Since you are already throwing a tantrum.

I hope you are acting better when discussing the problem at the dealership.

As an FYI, when you start modding cars, sometimes parts break. Get used to it, and be ready to deal with it.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:59 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: olym4gery

It might help if you tell the dealership you are going to hold your breath until the gears are replaced.

Since you are already throwing a tantrum.

I hope you are acting better when discussing the problem at the dealership.

As an FYI, when you start modding cars, sometimes parts break. Get used to it, and be ready to deal with it.
^^^ +1 ^^^

So my question is, the first time your new Acura breaks are you going to get rid of it too?
Old 07-10-2006, 10:37 PM
pitbull11

A New Acura...BREAKS???? HAW, HAW, HAW......thanks for the laughs.

I have owned or been given to drive by my Company (let's see....) more than 15 new cars that I have driven an average of 125,000 miles EACH, and NEVER had a catastrophic breakdown involving getting stranded on the highway...until now with this 2006 Mustang GT convert with less than 7000 miles on it. Take any long trips lately? Seen any late-model cars sitting on the side of the road waiting for a flatbed? Come ON!

I am still waiting for the dealer's response. I'll post the dealer's name and the response on this thread when it eventually comes. So far, I only got a response from FRPP's Techline, and their response was that they accept no product returns without prior inspection, but they won't inspect anything unless it's returned.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:41 PM
silverstang06
2nd Gear Member

dude, i haFFRP 3.73's and couldnt be happier. no noise and the bite like a mother!!! had a speed shop do the install for 300.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:47 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Well I didnt read all of the above, but I would say the following.

1) Factory gears, ford, mopar, etc usually are the best and hardly ever fail.

2) Installation is everything. If they messed up the install, it is the dealers fault, not the cars.

3) Setting up a diff is not an easy task by far. I have done a couple, and checked others work. When I do it I am super fussy and will pull the thing apart countless times to get the pattern on the gears perfect. I might spend 4-6 hours just setting the pattern on a diff under a car. It is not something that goes along with cheap or fast. It is not a simple bolt on.

4) Break in is critical, gears have to be broken in to provide a long quiet life.

I dont know if the above applies to you or not. And I would be super pissed at the ford dealer. IMO, demand they pay for the tow, rebuild or replace the whole diff, and give you a loaner car. It is their fault 100%.

But dont blame the car, it really has nothing to do with it. The diff in these cars is really a pretty nice piece.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:52 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: pitbull11

A New Acura...BREAKS???? HAW, HAW, HAW......thanks for the laughs.

I have owned or been given to drive by my Company (let's see....) more than 15 new cars that I have driven an average of 125,000 miles EACH, and NEVER had a catastrophic breakdown involving getting stranded on the highway...until now with this 2006 Mustang GT convert with less than 7000 miles on it. Take any long trips lately? Seen any late-model cars sitting on the side of the road waiting for a flatbed? Come ON!

I am still waiting for the dealer's response. I'll post the dealer's name and the response on this thread when it eventually comes. So far, I only got a response from FRPP's Techline, and their response was that they accept no product returns without prior inspection, but they won't inspect anything unless it's returned.
Have you ever modified cars to this extent? Sorry but once you start modifying cars things will break. No car is 100% and more so when you modify them.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:52 PM
wannarun

First, Ford gives you free towing and roadside assistance while under warranty. So why in the hell did you pay for the tow? I used it once for free gas. hahaha

Second, I wouldn't demand them swap all the parts back out for stock. The gears were just installed wrong. Get them to replace everything free of charge and pay for your rental/loaner car. My dealer will give me a loaner car for any type of warranty work without hassle.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:02 PM
pitbull11

"dude, i haFFRP 3.73's and couldnt be happier. no noise and the bite like a mother!!! had a speed shop do the install for 300."

Well, good for you, dude. Rock on.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:07 PM
pitbull11

"So why in the hell did you pay for the tow?'

Explanation: The mileage back to the installing dealership exceeded the maximum allowed under the towing policy, so I had to kick in for the excess.

Quick Reply: 2006 FORD RACING DRAG PACK -- PROBLEM!!!! SUDDEN CATASTROPHIC REAR END FAILURE