Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

"Racer" or "Street" C&L CAI

Old 07-14-2006, 04:25 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: "Racer" or "Street" C&L CAI

ORIGINAL: classj

Trying the fend off daily urge to SC the '06 - growing weaker, must ... have ... boost...
I hear you. I swear at the office their is a secret "Number of days before Nick caves in and supercharges the stang" pool going on behind my back.
FWIW - I gave in... the SC won... It is on the way...

It will have to wait a bit for installation - I have a tank full of 87, so I am ... still ... in ... control.

I can stop any time, I'll just use the emergency brake.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:38 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I will probably get there. But I want to see what whipple is going to end up putting out.

Maybe it is deductable??? I do consulting, anything that gets me back and forth quicker is a buisiness expense in my book. Maybe I can list it as office equiptment.

I can hear the red flags popping up already.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:25 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

I will probably get there. But I want to see what whipple is going to end up putting out.

Maybe it is deductable??? I do consulting, anything that gets me back and forth quicker is a buisiness expense in my book. Maybe I can list it as office equiptment.

I can hear the red flags popping up already.
Well, if you "entertain" your prospective clients, then sounds fair to me...

Looked at the whipple, but at this point kinda feels like Saleen/Rousch/KB et al. have had more time to work the bugs out... I like to let others find them Nice looking part, I am confident they will get it right, but not willing to wait around or pay a premium...

The delays to date indicate they are trying to hit the market bug-free, but I see that when I believe it...

At this point, I think we have totally hijacked this thread - sorry...

Best of luck fighting off the urge... Either that, or start donating fluids as fast as possible for the SC fund
Old 07-16-2006, 03:51 AM
05HOTROD
2nd Gear Member

I have one for sale if anyones interested
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT
Old 07-16-2006, 04:08 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

05HOTROD,
Probably going to end up buying a tune/intake combo from Brenspeed, but why are you selling the racer intake? Any problems?

cekim,
Definatly, at this point, the brands you mentioned are the safe bet.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:11 AM
05HOTROD
2nd Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: classj

05HOTROD,
Probably going to end up buying a tune/intake combo from Brenspeed, but why are you selling the racer intake? Any problems?

I have a saleen blower and went with the 475hp upgrade, they use the saleen extreme air intake. so I could not use it with their set up.