Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Kid claims 393HP on his new 06 GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 04:49 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Kid claims 393HP on his new 06 GT

Yeah there is a turbo kit out for it.. that seems like alot to be pushing at the wheels without new internals.. our drivetrain doesnt lose very much though.. not sure if it is THAT efficient though. Im still saying hes pulling your leg.

Stock- 265 rwhp
Turbo with 12 psi- 480-490 rwhp maybe?
Turbo with drag pack- 530 rwhp?

If im close, then his numbers arent bad but it seems like he had alot done to this car very early, depending on how new this car is. If he didnt break it in hes screwing up his car and if he put a 6 speed in it he dropped another 5 grand for the 6 speed kit and thats aftermarket too. With all that stuff I would assume he has spent about.. 46k (assuming he got the premium at 30k) on that car so far depending on which base model he went with. Seems like this kid needs a hobby or a gf or something else to spend his money on if he has 16k large to go blow on a brand new car like that.. Mods cant be paid off in a loan like a car payment can so if he really has done all those mods he is dishing out the dough for them.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:18 AM
gregariousgreg
2nd Gear Member

If he's rich, he probably has a digital camera. Tell him pics or bs. If he gives you pics post them here and we'll take a gander.

I give it about a 90% chance he's full of ****. Most of the stuff he listed is theoretically possible but unlikely. The stuff about the transmission doesn't make much sense though.

Whatcha got done to your supra? I happen to like them. I have eclectic taste in cars.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:06 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Dude this kids blowin sloke up ur a$$. Just race em you will proly win seeing as how his daddy didn't teach him well enough how to drive a manual(what all real men drive) He is not making sense on his tranny story from what you saying. Next time you talk to him he'll probably have a sequential six-speed auto and be putting 700hp down at the wheels. What turbo kit did he say he had? Most of the ones I can think of are still in development and none have been advertised over 500 RWHP(yet). If he has a CAI then its sitting in his closet somewhere cuz he wouldn't have any use for it on all but one S/C application and even then you can only use maybe one or two CAIs on the Saleen S/C.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:50 AM
lukoi66
2nd Gear Member

Either :1) he's full of crap

or

2) he's telling the truth and HAS spent all of this money on a car that he will likely turn the engine of into swiss cheese because it appears he hasn't done anything to help the bottom end. When the rods and pistons go on that ride, it'll be the laugh last all on it's own haha.

So, why stress a guy with a need to put other people down when clearly he's got self-esteem issues already. Let him ramble and embarrass himself all he wants. Just MO tho.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:42 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

There are several turbo kits for the S197s. Not for two grand.
He's just yanking your chain to get a reaction out of you. Ignore him.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:59 AM
GhostPony
2nd Gear Member

Many dealers will include mods in your loan if you like. My dealer offerd to put my KB supercharger, 3.73 and exhaust etc in one loan but paid cash for the car did not need to finance mods either.
Sounds like this kid is inflating his mods or numbers or both.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 89Turbo

becuase its people like this that **** me off and he was **** talkin my car.

Sounds like you need to get a different "friend".
He's a loser for how he's treating you, and you (sorry to
say) need to grow up a bit because you care so much
what he says/thinks and move on from him.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:54 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

He's full of ****; to start off w/ i just got my mustang GT(I paid for it too); and I'm coming from a 222hp 3000GT. And the Mustang plenty fast right know. No parnet is going to buy there kid a 30G car and dump money into left and right like that. He full of it; just go to ford.com your self and check out everything

Plus, who drives an AUTO????????????????? GOD; i would make fun of him right there. If he got auto; he's a ***** to start. Prolly wount go past 5 of the spd limit
Old 07-12-2006, 01:32 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

If he really has 500+ hp... I'd say race him anyway. He probably isn't running slicks, so he'll have massive traction problems. If he drives half as bad as he bullsh**s he'll roast the tires through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and he'll run a 14 second quarter mile.
It's a win win for you. Either he spent a ton of $$$ and still lost to you, or he didn't spend the $$$, has been full of s**t, and lost to you...
Old 07-12-2006, 01:33 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: johnnyv8

Plus, who drives an AUTO????????????????? GOD; i would make fun of him right there. If he got auto; he's a ***** to start. Prolly wount go past 5 of the spd limit
Aw....the words of wisdom from someone who has never driven a >10 second car in a quarter mile race.

Quick Reply: Kid claims 393HP on his new 06 GT