Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got the Go Ahead from Whipple!!! Officially Taking Orders!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 12:34 AM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Got the Go Ahead from Whipple!!! Officially Taking Orders!!

There is NO reason for a NON-refundable deposit. Deposit you put down when ordering a car are NOT NON-refundable. Generally the only time, or at least the only ethical time, a business will ask for a NON-refundable deposit is if something is custom ordered, and no, ordering a car like a Mustang with different options is NOT a custom order.

If Whipple is really taking NON-refundable deposit of $2,000 they should credit NOT just the $2,000 but interest it would have earned even if it doesn’t amount to much because I can assure you with many $2,000 deposits sitting in Whipples bank account they will earn some interest on that money…

Just a note of interest but if I was ever to put down a NON-refundable deposit there would have to be some stipulations involved and in this case I would want Whipple to guarantee me a “at my door” delivery date and as soon as they missed that date they would have to deduct $100 a day for every day late…
Old 07-16-2006, 12:45 AM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: GT Premi
TURBO LAAAAAAG! 'nuff said.

Don't like the KB install. I don't like the way it's routed and the fact that you have to cut into the body of the car.
Saleen doesn't provide you with a programmer. You have to send your computer in for a canned tune.
That leaves nobody but Whipple.
I think I remember something about you buying your car at Dale Jarrett Ford, if you are anywhere near Concord, NC I think I can prove your theory on turbo lag wrong. I promise you I don't have any. And the deal with cutting the body for the KB is WAY overrated. It is such a minor piece to cut.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:46 AM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

The way I see it Whipple has absolutely no responsibility here whatsoever. The $2,000 nonrefundable deposit is going to Lethal Performance NOT Whipple. How does that make Whipple accountable? Answer: It doesn't! There is another dealer here taking $1,000 refundable deposits so it's obvious the terms are dependent upon the dealer you decide to purchase from.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:51 AM
jcovercash
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BoidMorphs

The way I see it Whipple has absolutely no responsibility here whatsoever. The $2,000 nonrefundable deposit is going to Lethal Performance NOT Whipple. How does that make Whipple accountable? Answer: It doesn't! There is another dealer here taking $1,000 refundable deposits so it's obvious the terms are dependent upon the dealer you decide to purchase from.
Yes but he said in the first post.....

We are taking a $2000.00 Per Kit Deposit which is required by Whipple in order to get your place in line. The $2000.00 is a non refundable deposit. At the time your kit will be shipping we will receive the remainder of your payment.
So this statement is not quite right considering the other dealer is selling them and has been selling them FROM THE START with a 1k refundable deposit. And they still hold that same policy.........
Old 07-16-2006, 02:05 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

I dont see how it would be smart to pay that kind of money for something that hasent even be tested by others or proven to be a good product yet.

A non-refundable 2K dollars deposit on anything is nuts. I can see a deposit, but if it is so popular, they will sell it if you back out. It is not like it is something totally custom that no one else would want. Their reasoning for that is so if whipple delays it further, people that put down the cash cant back out and decide to buy another brand.

Wasent there a post about a month ago about a dealer holding a whipple deposit and not refunding it because the guy wanted a saleen after whipple claimed an indefinate release date?

I dont usually even buy from any vender that has a restocking fee that they enforce strictly. But once in a while I will make an exception for a company with very good cust service like brenspeed.

Unless whipple is going to custom engrave that supercharger, I wouldent want to hear anything about non-refundable.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:18 AM
eolsonite
1st Gear Member

Why is it that superchargers that have not come out yet always claim rwhp numbers that are not possible to maintain without changing out internals. Everyone knows by this point that more than 415 rwhp with only injector, mass air and pully changes will cause a short engine life and or failure sooner than later. Every engineer that has worked with this car has stated this. Why go on like this?
So all of the people buying this SC plan on doing internal swaps within a year and a half? Answer: YES. Love Erik

[IMG]local://upfiles/31925/17E3700C8AB14A548B5B1DA284E7452F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

There is no reason for you to make comments like that about our company. We are not scammers and probably have one of the best reputations in the industy. We are in fact Whipple Superchargers largest US distributor and if you don't believe me then call them yourself. Obviously we were the 1st ones in the industy to even post the new prices so I guess you can say that we are pretty close with Whipple?? The $2000 was what Whipple asked for to reserve a kit. It was my choice to make it non-refundable as we want to deal with serious buyers. I didn't want to see us take deposits for $2000 then place the order whith Whipple just to have the customer call back 2 weeks later and cancel. Then we would have to refund your money and you do understand that we lose almost 7% on a cancelled order in credit card fees. I also didn't want to hassle with Whipple and have them taking and cancelling a whole bunch of orders. So with that I hope you see better why I chose to make it a non-refundable deposit. If you are serious about buying and you feel uncomfortable about the non-refundalbe deposit then give me a call I will personally take your order from you and make it fully refundable. Thanks, Jared@Lethal

ORIGINAL: Big JCL

Lethal Performance sounds like a bunch of scammers. Any retailer outfit that offers merchandise in the 6K range and requests non-refundable 2K deposits on non-exclusive items seems to me to be a bunch of non-trustworthy shi*heads. I think buyers should look somewhere else.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Like I explained to another person above it was our choice to make it Non-Refundable. I can understand your point about your interest on money for 30 days but you also aren't seeing it from our perspective as well about taking someones order and having them cancel a week or so before it ships.. That costs us money. We lose 2.5-3% when we process your credit card. So regardless when we take that deposit we lose that money. No If , ands or buts. Now lets say you cancel. We lose another 2.5%-3% in credit card fees by having to return the money to your account. So we just lost about 6% for nothing! So that is why I chose to make it non refundable. If it really bothers you and that is your deciding factor I will make it a refundable deposit to earn your business. We have a great reputation and you can see that on some of the other well known forums and pride ourselves on personalized customer service. If you have any questions or need anything please feel free to call me and I will be glad to help you out. Thanks, Jared@Lethal

ORIGINAL: Sonic Boom NH

There is NO reason for a NON-refundable deposit. Deposit you put down when ordering a car are NOT NON-refundable. Generally the only time, or at least the only ethical time, a business will ask for a NON-refundable deposit is if something is custom ordered, and no, ordering a car like a Mustang with different options is NOT a custom order.

If Whipple is really taking NON-refundable deposit of $2,000 they should credit NOT just the $2,000 but interest it would have earned even if it doesn’t amount to much because I can assure you with many $2,000 deposits sitting in Whipples bank account they will earn some interest on that money…

Just a note of interest but if I was ever to put down a NON-refundable deposit there would have to be some stipulations involved and in this case I would want Whipple to guarantee me a “at my door” delivery date and as soon as they missed that date they would have to deduct $100 a day for every day late…
Old 07-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: BoidMorphs

"We are taking a $2000.00 Per Kit Deposit which is required by Whipple in order to get your place in line. The $2000.00 is a non refundable deposit. At the time your kit will be shipping we will receive the remainder of your payment."

The deposit is required by Whipple and they charge us the $2000.00 when we order you're kit. Thanks, Jared@Lethal
Old 07-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

So this statement is not quite right considering the other dealer is selling them and has been selling them FROM THE START with a 1k refundable deposit. And they still hold that same policy.........

Just to make a point here. Who was the 1st company to receive the New 03-04 Cobra Kits, the New Lightning Kits, and the New F-150 kits?? Lethal Performance, Inc.

We were also the 1st dealer to have the pricing on the 05-07 GT Kits. The kit has been in the works for a while and no one has had any better info about the kit then us. We've posted updates, photos and videos of the new kit while everyone else had nothing.

That should hopefully give you an idea about our policy. Thanks, Jared@Lethal

Quick Reply: Got the Go Ahead from Whipple!!! Officially Taking Orders!!