Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got the Go Ahead from Whipple!!! Officially Taking Orders!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 02:41 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default Got the Go Ahead from Whipple!!! Officially Taking Orders!!

Ok guys.. It's been a long wait and we are just about there. I spoke to our good friends over at Whipple today and we are now Officially Taking Orders for their 05-07 GT Kits!!

This is the rundown.

The kits at the moment are only offered for Manual Transmissions. Auto's will be soon to follow. They are also only available at this time as the whole kit either Intercooled or Non-Intercooled with a Black or Polished finish!

The Kits will come complete with a Ford Flash Device, Injectors, Plugs, Intake and a GT500 Fuel Pump (Intercooled Kits Only).

We are taking a $2000.00 Per Kit Deposit which is required by Whipple in order to get your place in line. The $2000.00 is a non refundable deposit. At the time your kit will be shipping we will receive the remainder of your payment.

The kits will be shipping in 30-40 days. I was given that date and thats just how it is. Anything is possible for them to ship sooner and we would also not be taking deposits if that date wasn't attainable. Now, You can order one up now at this introductory price and get one as soon as they are available or wait it out of you like. Prices are still subject to change but with us you are guaranteed the price that we are going to offer you now.

Lethal Performance has a very good relationship with Whipple and we will have the first kits available like we have had in the past with the Cobra, Lightning and F-150 W140ax Kits.. Thats pretty much all that has to be said about our close ties with Whipple!

So on to the pricing....THESE ARE INTRODUCTORY PRICES AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE... IF ANYTHING THEY WILL GO DOWN.. IF PRICES DO GO DOWN BEFORE THE KITS SHIP WE WILL PASS ON THE SAVINGS TO ALL CUSTOMERS THAT HAVE ALREADY COMMITED TO THEIR KITS!!

Lethal Performance is offering at this time 5% off of retail pricing and we will ship the blower kit to you for free if you live inside the Continental US.

2005-2007 GT Whipple W140ax Supercharger Kit

Black Intercooled Kit
Retail $6379.99 Lethal Special Price $6060.00 Shipped

Black Non-Intercooled Kit
Retail $4919.99 Lethal Special Price $4673.00 Shipped

Polished Intercooled Kit
Retail $6819.99 Lethal Special Price $6478.00 Shipped

Polished Non-Intercooled Kit
Retail $5379.99 Lethal Special Price $5110.00 Shipped

Give us a call to place your order and we will be more than happy to assist you....Your #1 Whipple Superchager Distributor!!

Lethal Performance

**This Special will be valid starting today through August 15th 2006**
Old 07-14-2006, 03:04 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Got the Go Ahead from Whipple!!! Officially Taking Orders!!

Am I reading something wrong here or has whipples pricing gone up considerably? Whipple quoted me 4900 for the intercooled 475RWHP kit in black three weeks ago. I think it is on their website as well unless I am mistaken.

What is the difference between the HO and tuner intercooled kits?

Any news on the final output of the HO 8psi setup and its compatibility with the stock shortblock?? Have they stuck to their promised 475 RWHP perfectly safe for the stock block claim?
Old 07-14-2006, 10:20 AM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

I remember their pricing being much lower as well.

For some reason, I feel like retailers are going to be taking advantage of us '05+ owners for a while on these Whipple kits since so many of us have been waiting, longing, and yearning to get one. Even at this supposed 5% discount, it's still almost $1,000 above the MSRP whipple had listed last year, intercooled or not.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: GT Premi

I remember their pricing being much lower as well.

For some reason, I feel like retailers are going to be taking advantage of us '05+ owners for a while on these Whipple kits since so many of us have been waiting, longing, and yearning to get one. Even at this supposed 5% discount, it's still almost $1,000 above the MSRP whipple had listed last year, intercooled or not.

The prices were lower and are still listed on many peoples sites at the old pricing which hasn't been changed for a while now. WHipple or any of it's dealer are in no way going to be taking advantage of their customers. This is just what the prices of the kits have been placed at. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Jared
Old 07-14-2006, 10:48 AM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Do you think the price will go up in the future?
Old 07-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

I can't say whether they will go up or down. In the case of the 03-04 Cobra Kits an the F-150 Kits they did go up in price from when they 1st became available. I think the Lightning kits stayed the same though. Jared@Lethal

Old 07-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

What's the official hp/tq figures for the kits?
Old 07-14-2006, 02:24 PM
JohnEod

Seems like the same story whipple has been telling for over a year now, 30-40 days, 3 to 5 weeks. I'll believe it when I see one in an installer’s hand, till then they're just blowing smoke as always.

John
Old 07-14-2006, 02:42 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

IMO they can keep it for that price!!
Old 07-14-2006, 04:09 PM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

Why be so hung up on the whipple? There are many other options out there like KB, Saleen, are of equal to the Whipple. Twin Screw is twin screw for the most part (besides size) and there are lots of good new Turbo kits out there for 5-6K. So there are lots of options.

Quick Reply: Got the Go Ahead from Whipple!!! Officially Taking Orders!!