Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Finally did it...Interior upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 01:10 PM
jk4music

Default Finally did it...Interior upgrade?

I went to the dealership yesterday and ordered an '07 Vista blue GT:
IUP
Side airbags
"17 polished wheels
GT appearance pckg. w/hood scoop
Anti-theft system
wheel locks

One question though? How delicate is the satin applique on the IUP? Any opinions? Also, what's the best way to get financing? My credit is pretty good.

J.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:04 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Finally did it...Interior upgrade?

Ford Motor Credit has special financing packages running right now but they may be geared towards leftover '06 models. I'm really not sure. To lower your payment and if you don't plan on putting a ton of mods on your car you may want to consider leasing. I do know that I love the 18" polished aluminum bullitt styled wheels though. You may want to consider upgrading them. I've had no issues with the satin finished panel just using diluted mild soap and water to gently wipe clean. Avoid using anything abrasive and you should be fine.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:04 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

I saw one at a dealer that was bubbled up. It appeared to be just a sticker. If I could have found a premium without the IUP I would have been happy without it.

Finance through your credit union. Get your credit score. You can get a free credit report thorugh freecreditreport.com , but they charge a small fee for the score. My credit score is over 800 and Ford credit still wouldn't offer me better or equal to my credit unions interest rate of 4.5% for 72 months. I'm sure they could have matched it, but the fact is they won't make enough money off me, they'd rather sell these 19 year old kids on here a mustang GT and charge them 12% interest.

If your credit is really that good then you should have no problems getting an auto loan through an online bank at 5.9%.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:47 PM
GT JIM
1st Gear Member

YOU MUST GET THE 18" WHEELS!! I don't know why they even put the 17" on a GT!

-Jim
Old 07-17-2006, 08:18 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

Because some people like a little tire with their rims. Seriously, I would keep that $800 and spend it on aftermarket rims/tire. For that much money I can get some nice 18's with tires shipped to my door and then i'll have two sets of wheels.

ORIGINAL: GT JIM

YOU MUST GET THE 18" WHEELS!! I don't know why they even put the 17" on a GT!

-Jim
Old 07-17-2006, 08:40 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

Not to mention 17 inch tires are much cheaper and at the rate I'm burning them I might just stick with a 17 inch rim. You don't see any dragsters running 20's do you?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTlust

I saw one at a dealer that was bubbled up. It appeared to be just a sticker. If I could have found a premium without the IUP I would have been happy without it.
I saw this too on the one I test drove. At first I was like..wow, that is ultra cheap/cheasy. But it turns out it's a protective film over it that makes it look as if the whole thing is bubbling.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:06 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

I hope that's all it was, but i'm getting dark tinted windows and A good sun shade just incase.

ORIGINAL: Racefiend

ORIGINAL: GTlust

I saw this too on the one I test drove. At first I was like..wow, that is ultra cheap/cheasy. But it turns out it's a protective film over it that makes it look as if the whole thing is bubbling.