Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Check this on your car for me

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 08:14 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default Check this on your car for me

Hey guys I need you to do a test check for me. Open your trunk and look in either corner of the trunk where the shocks are that keep the trunk up. Now look down near the lights. Can you see down in and see wires and all? I ask this because I just happened to look down when I was cleaning my car and it seemed strange that this area was not cover or protected? Would'nt water running from rain or what ever short something out? I did a test and put a paper towel in this corner right near where the shock or what ever you call it connects. I closed the trunk and poored water on the top of the trunk in the cracks to simulate rain. I opened the trunk and the towel was wet in the grooves. If the grooves are for water then why is the area that goes down to the wires not covered in some way?? Its hard to explain so I hope you guys understand. Check this and get back to me. I know the bulbs are twisted in and have that rubber around them and all but something does not seem right. Where does the water go? I dont want to take my lights out to see if I dont have to. GO LOOK IN YOUR TRUNK AND LET ME KNOW. THAAAANNNKKKSSS

Ok went and looked again, if you look straight down at the corner of that shock thing you can clearly see where the middle bulb plugs in. I guess the water may run down in or around the bumper or something before exiting I guess but again it does not seem like its right for water to be able to get any place near wires or bulbs??
Old 07-17-2006, 02:50 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Check this on your car for me

98 views, no replys?? Come on, some body look at there trunk for me....
Old 07-17-2006, 02:58 AM
MacGyverGTP
2nd Gear Member

Just looked & yeah, it's open like you explained. Not sure why they left it like that.
Seems a little unfinished...
Old 07-17-2006, 01:02 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flewbyu
Hey, ignorance is bliss...
Old 07-17-2006, 08:09 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

You got that straight. I didn't look at mine, but I can tell you that I drove my 99 ranger for the last 4 years with no front inner fenders. So water, mud, dirt, sand, road debri, road kill, etc could fly straight up on the wires, engine, etc. and i've not had one single problem, nothing shorted out. My point is you don't need to worry about those wires.

ORIGINAL: cekim

ORIGINAL: flewbyu
Hey, ignorance is bliss...