Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Best $65.00's spent yet

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Best $65.00's spent yet

Don't think I've heard anything regarding durability of the adaptor...how's it look? Secure/solid? Has anyone heard of one breaking or parts coming loose?

I can be brutal on the shifts sometimes, and would rather spend more money now to save time replacing stuff later. I was planning on getting the pro50.

I've seen a few saleens up close and the fitment of body parts concerned me enough to question all of their products. The Saleen rep at the last autoshow I visited said the poor fitment of sideskirts is because mustangs are build askew (shorter on the right side). The right skirt overhanged an inch into the front wheel well, and they let that go to a national autoshow!! Sorry for the long post, please answer my questions above.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Bob D.
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Best $65.00's spent yet

ORIGINAL: Getaway

I've seen a few saleens up close and the fitment of body parts concerned me enough to question all of their products. The Saleen rep at the last autoshow I visited said the poor fitment of sideskirts is because mustangs are build askew (shorter on the right side). The right skirt overhanged an inch into the front wheel well, and they let that go to a national autoshow!! Sorry for the long post, please answer my questions above.

Weird, because my experience has been exactly the opposite. One of the factors that drew me to the Saleen was the excellent fitment and finish, and as a former concours competitor I think my eye is still at least average for that stuff. I also spent some time at Saleen's plant watching them hand assemble the Mustangs and $$$ Ford GTs, and was really impressed by the "no rushing" philosophy and attention to detail.

Anyway, if you might be "brutal" on the shifter, no question go with the Pro50. I only drove one once, but it had a pretty distinct feel and should be perfect for your application, and the company rep and warranty are great. IMHO the joy of the Saleen shifter is in its precision, pretty close to the kind of smooth, quick "snick-snick" shifting that you get from a really good Euro sports car. I couldn't be happier with it, but we're talking two totally different animals.