Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

roush or saleen

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 12:33 AM
cnapsys
2nd Gear Member

Default roush or saleen

hey I'm definitely gonna get a SC soon. I have read reviews and checked the following: Procharger, KB, Saleen and Roush.

Out of these I can't decide if I should go with Roush or Saleen. They're both great and both pick up your factory warranty if you have it installed by an auth dealer.

I was wondering if someone here could give me some insights and why should I choose one over the other.
Can't decide, but am excited as hell [sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Old 07-19-2006, 01:11 AM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: roush or saleen

ORIGINAL: cnapsys
Out of these I can't decide if I should go with Roush or Saleen. They're both great and both pick up your factory warranty if you have it installed by an auth dealer.
Uh, by all means please correct me if I am wrong (before I install the Saleen one on the way), but as I understand it only Rousch has this warranty feature.

This is just my personal opinion, but by the time you are adding FI to these cars, you better be willing and able to pay for whatever you break because the odds of breaking something just went up... Not to mention all the other upgrades that likely follow to compensate for the power...

I looked past the Rousch+warranty attraction for the following reasons:
1. Saleen had more HP per PSI of boost (more efficient) - I order the pully upgrade right away which I couldn't do with the Rousch Warranty anyway.
2. I don't plan on pushing the envelope on HP so KB's added expense offered little in return to me
3. ok, I admit it, the Saleen just looks like it belongs there... Throttle body looping around the back is just weak (a terrible reason - they work just fine!)
4. I am looking forward to installing it myself because this is my hobby - so having someone else do it takes the fun out of it...
So, the warranty is out the window regardless
5. It was my understanding when I went through the numbers that there were quite a few more Saleen units out there - maybe that has changed? Regardless, they have had plenty of time to work out the bugs at this point...
6. did I mention it looks damn nice?

Good luck, very tough decision...
Old 07-19-2006, 01:20 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Roush is the only one that will pick up the warranty. And that is only if you do not EVER change anything with the tune.

Personally, I prefer a twin screw type blower over a roots style. In my opinion ( others may disagree ) roots blowers are not as efficient, and are outdated technology.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:55 AM
skymedic
2nd Gear Member

Cekim,

I have a roush, but went with the Saleen SC. I love the way it looks, plus I could keep my CAI on it. I also think roots is outdated tech, and the place that is installing it, does a ton of these, so they are dialed in, when it comes to tuning these things.

I get my car back tomorrow, so i will post pics then.

JW

[IMG]local://upfiles/30525/B837A3C2179E48929A3A43BDD4FD7F57.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-19-2006, 02:39 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

Think about it this way... if they warrantee it, they don't expect it EVER to fail, (well, probably not never), but the way the world works, you will get the worst performance out of the thing that is garranteed...

The Saleen is a twin screw and the Rousch is a roots type. The Saleen is more efficient and makes more power. The Rousch has a garuntee, (as long as you don't change the pulley!). If all you want is the ability to say "My stang is supercharged!" then the Rousch is for YOU! If you are looking for true performance... get the Saleen, (or KB, or Whipple, or any Centri SCs).

The Rouscharger is fine, and with some work I imagine it will make a nice performance upgrade... but at the cost of your vaunted warranty. The point is that real power in these cars is not a garranty. Ever. Period.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:51 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

if warrantee is an issue, i would look into the whipple supercharger.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:00 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

If warranty is an issue, I would leave it stock.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:28 AM
05HOTROD
2nd Gear Member

JUST TO CLARIFY THE SPELLING,,,,,,IT'S R O U S H, not R O U S C H,,,,,,,,,,SORRY GUYS JUST A LITTLE BORED HERE.....

THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO HAWGMAN, YOU HAPPY NOW
Old 07-19-2006, 06:37 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

SALEEN!!!
Old 07-19-2006, 06:49 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cryptic26djp

SALEEN!!!