Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ordering 07' GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 04:34 PM
kalel001
2nd Gear Member

Default Ordering 07' GT

I have a question for you guys, if they don't have a Mustang that I like at the dealership and I want to place an order for a new 07' GT with the options I want would they charge me extra money for the delivery or would they take that money off the total??
Old 07-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ordering 07' GT

They all have a delivery charge in the price. Walk the lot and look...it's around $500. I asked multiple dealerships, and they all said this is from Ford itself and the "freight" charge is non-negotiable. They may find some way to discount and make up the charge, but you will still pay it.

Also, they won't charge extra for a custom ordered vehicle, but they may make a deal for one on the lot saving money off MSRP.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Johnnie D
2nd Gear Member

I ordered mine just about a month ago and still waiting...funny thing, I was reading the build sheet they gave me and there is a charge for $5.58 for two gallons of gas....i thought that was funny, they charge you for freaking gas...
Old 07-19-2006, 05:32 PM
kalel001
2nd Gear Member

But would I pay extra if I order my car like I want it or would it be the same as if I just get one from the ones they have at the dealership?

What I'm trying to ask is if they charge extra for ordering a car or if whatever I pay for the order is going to be discounted from the total.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:00 PM
howyhowy
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kalel001
But would I pay extra if I order my car like I want it or would it be the same as if I just get one from the ones they have at the dealership?
What I'm trying to ask is if they charge extra for ordering a car or if whatever I pay for the order is going to be discounted from the total.
I dont think they can tack an extra delivery charge on there, but you prolly won't be able to chew them down on price as much as taking one off the lot. I ordered a 2006 GTvert premium for $32000, since 2006's were no longer shipping I got a 2007 and they charged me the difference in MSRP between the 06 and 07 which was $160 (total=$32,160) financed at 6.54%.

I had to order mine cuz there were no manual transmissions to be had anywhere. It took about 7 weeks and I had to wait for the fleet cars to be built, so if your dealer is big, he might be able to do 6 weeks or less. A small dealer is going to struggle to order you a mustang and may take much longer.

Defintely call two or more dealers and get quotes for the mustang you want to order. I saved about 900 bucks by pitting one dealer against another. And watch out for those add-ons! They will always try to sneak them on at the last second. Bring a calculator and use it just before you sign.

-howy
Old 07-19-2006, 10:26 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

I ordered my 07 from my dealer, just called him up when i was looking at a newer mustang than my '00 and we did the order over the phone. That was at the end of April. I had originally placed an order for a california special in black but changed my mind and edited some stuff out and in. Called me up last week and said it should be here the beginning of August with a build date of the 24th. The price was almost 30k but since i ordered it and he knew its sold already i got it for 28,200 i think it was. This is from a small dealer so that is why it took a little longer than some of the people on here who already got their 07
Old 07-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Black2007
1st Gear Member

Based upon some of the questions you guys ask here it sounds like so many of you guys on this Forum are younger and not experienced in the ways of the world. Read, read, read, and research. USE kbb.com and edmunds.com. build you cars there, check back with Fords "Build It" section of their web site. Walk the lots and look at the option packages. You are making a BIG purchase, so don't screw it up. As an old fart of 58, I can give some advise that will save you a lot heart ached. Become an intelligent buyer. By the way, it is IMO, if they are getting $30K of my money, I am getting exactly what I want, no compromises.

Best of luck....special order, they will still discount ( I got nearly 3K off my new '07 GT Covertible...) This should be a no compromise deal..you will come out happier in the end and if something doesn't rurn out, there is no one to blame except the guy in the mirror.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:29 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howyhowy

but you prolly won't be able to chew them down on price as much as taking one off the lot.
Actually it is the opposite. Typically if you order one you can get a lower price than if you buy one off the lot. The reason is special orders do not take away from the dealer's allocation, so they can order you one and get extra profit above and beyond what they get off their lot sales. Usually you can get a special order for close to invoice while buying one off the lot can run 500 to 1000 over invoice. There are still stories of some parts of the country charging full sticker, but those stories aren't as frequent as they were a year ago.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:54 AM
v0s6a

ORIGINAL: kalel001

I have a question for you guys, if they don't have a Mustang that I like at the dealership and I want to place an order for a new 07' GT with the options I want would they charge me extra money for the delivery or would they take that money off the total??
To answer your actual question.....$720.....if you look at the window sticker underthe price it says the destination charge. Its the same whether you ordered it or its already there. I know b/c i had an '06gt(totalled) and ordered an '07 and its the same price.